[HOW TO] Return to 100% Stock - All versions!

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Taking it into sprint repair I never had a problem with my rooted 4g. Only problem you may have is if the problem seems software related you better have a stock rom installed or they'll blame it on that.

Sent from my EVO 3D using Tapatalk

Genesiss

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: [HOW TO] Return to stock 1.13.651.7 - ROM / Recovery / Etc

Well i need some help.. when revolutionary was running it asked me if i wanted recovery installed i did say yes. Then it started to download and it gave me an error. and then it said that my device was not supported..... now i am having all sorts of issues, for instance i can't even make a phone call, when ever i try, all i hear is a voice recording stating that my cell phone can not be authenticated....
I will try this recovery, but since i am new to this i am a bit lost.. how do i get flag back???

newboyx

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Well i need some help.. when revolutionary was running it asked me if i wanted recovery installed i did say yes. Then it started to download and it gave me an error. and then it said that my device was not supported..... now i am having all sorts of issues, for instance i can't even make a phone call, when ever i try, all i hear is a voice recording stating that my cell phone can not be authenticated....
I will try this recovery, but since i am new to this i am a bit lost.. how do i get flag back???

For the phone call part, just call customer service they will reset some stuff on their end. (don't mention root, just play dumb)

Genesiss

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site

I did call... How ever maybe the lady was ...i don't know... Well she did reactivated my unit (through hads free act.) but i still can't use my phone, she said that they were having issues with internet service in my area, but that sounds strange. Well i will keep trying and ill keep you posted.
Thanks

frostcyborg

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site

Will this work if you have a stock phone already and you still want to reflash? I want to see if this will resolve my camera issues I've been having on my new (less than a week old) 3D. Thanks.

newboyx

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Will this work if you have a stock phone already and you still want to reflash? I want to see if this will resolve my camera issues I've been having on my new (less than a week old) 3D. Thanks.
It can't (shouldn't) hurt.
Edit: or maybe you shouldn't. Smarter people than me, recommend otherwise.

Last edited:

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site

It can't (shouldn't) hurt.
The camera is a known issue. This will more than likely not do anything if you currently have ver 1.13.651.7. What software update are you on now?

I would only use this as an emergency restore.

I will post an untouched stock ROM for flashing purposes.

Use only as emergency restore when all else fails.

I also updated OP to reflect that.

Last edited:
Reactions: frostcyborg

frostcyborg

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site

The camera is a known issue. This will more than likely not do anything if you currently have ver 1.13.651.7. What software update are you on now?

I would only use this as an emergency restore.

I will post an untouched stock ROM for flashing purposes.

Use only as emergency restore when all else fails.

I also updated OP to reflect that.
I'm on 1.13.651.7 unfortunately. Thank you for your time.

Genesiss

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: [HOW TO] Return to 100% stock 1.13.651.7 / ROM - Recovery - S

Ok, so managed to get someone at sprint that was able to fix my problem, he reset something on their end that fixed my devices issue... I now have S-OFF, but no SU, i have to figure out how to put back SU
So I have a fully "rooted/workable" 3d
thanks for all your support

newboyx

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site

Glad you got it worked out
I now have S-OFF, but no SU, i have to figure out how to put back SU
So I have a fully "rooted/workable" 3d
thanks for all your support

Is this the method you used to install SU?

PERMA-ROOT

For root you need to flash this .zip

Download here: Superuser Zip

In order to achieve root..

Download the su.zip and copy the zip file to the ROOT of your SDCARD.

Boot into Recovery

Choose "Install Zip"

Then "Choose Zip To Flash"

Then select the "su-2.3.6.3-efgh-signed.zip"

Once it completes, reboot and you now have ROOT access!

jondevere

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site

Glad you got it worked out

Is this the method you used to install SU?

PERMA-ROOT

For root you need to flash this .zip

Download here: Superuser Zip

In order to achieve root..

Download the su.zip and copy the zip file to the ROOT of your SDCARD.

Boot into Recovery

Choose "Install Zip"

Then "Choose Zip To Flash"

Then select the "su-2.3.6.3-efgh-signed.zip"

Once it completes, reboot and you now have ROOT access!
Thats all u need to do... the directions are straight forward. Good luck

Genesiss

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site

Before I mess things up again,
I have S-Off, no recovery, (in desperation i used the procedure to return my cell to stock) do i have to go through all the steps again??? I am trying from step fastboot flash recovery... but it wont go, it gives me an error.. i just don't want to go through the whole thing (sprint) again

newboyx

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Before I mess things up again,
I have S-Off, no recovery, (in desperation i used the procedure to return my cell to stock) do i have to go through all the steps again??? I am trying from step fastboot flash recovery... but it wont go, it gives me an error.. i just don't want to go through the whole thing (sprint) again
What error?

Genesiss

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site

Ok
here
sending 'recovery' (5030 KB)....
OKAY [1.203s]
writing 'recovery'...
FAILED (remote: not allowed)
finished. total time 1.207s

hope this helps

Last edited:

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site

Ok
here
sending 'recovery' (5030 KB)....
OKAY [1.203s]
writing 'recovery'...
FAILED (remote: not allowed)
finished. total time 1.207s

hope this helps

You need to run revolutionary again for S-Off. Even though the phone may say its S-OFF that error indicates S-ON. Does your phone say revolutionary at the top?

jondevere

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Also... This is the wrong thread for help on achieving s off, root and recovery. Try to keep same troubles with like issues. But... What he said LOL. It will work

Sent from my Carrier Pigeon using Tapatalk.

Genesiss

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site

You need to run revolutionary again for S-Off. Even though the phone may say its S-OFF that error indicates S-ON. Does your phone say revolutionary at the top?
It does not....
The reason i am posting on this thread is because last thing i did was use the procedure on this thread to restore my phone. I apologize if i did something wrong, but i think i did not.

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site

It does not....
The reason i am posting on this thread is because last thing i did was use the procedure on this thread to restore my phone. I apologize if i did something wrong, but i think i did not.

He is just saying that you should post S-OFF questions in the S-OFF thread. Its no big deal. Just run revolutionary again and it will work. If you have any more questions on re-attaining s-off post them in the s-off thread. That way people look for s-off help will see what you did and maybe that will help someone esle....We are just trying to keep this area organized for fast reference to info.

Reactions: jondevere

Genesiss

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site

He is just saying that you should post S-OFF questions in the S-OFF thread. Its no big deal. Just run revolutionary again and it will work. If you have any more questions on re-attaining s-off post them in the s-off thread. That way people look for s-off help will see what you did and maybe that will help someone esle....We are just trying to keep this area organized for fast reference to info.
I do understand that, i just thought this was the correct place...
Just finished the process.. no issues this time... thanks again