[HOW TO] Enable CRT animations

newboyx

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I did not create this!
I am only sharing it with you because I know some of you do not visit other forums.

I am not responsible for anything that happens to your phone. You decided to flash this. No one made you. If a creepy alien climbs out of the belly of your Evo 3D and eats your face, I had nothing to do with it.

You must be s-off
You must be rooted
You must have a custom recovery
You must have screen animations enabled (menu>settings>display>All Window animations are shown)

Download -> CRT and GPU.zip (added file to end of post)
Place on the root of your SDcard
Boot into recovery
Wipe Dalvik
Install Zip

All credit goes to apatcas @ XDA
Original Thread [MOD]CRT On and Off Animations... Here - xda-developers
All of the work was done there, I am merely sharing.

*This is working with twrp recovery & CleanROM 1.1 Should work on most other ROMs, but maybe not ;) *
*Reported not to work with Gerbil-6-shooter_v.2.2*

My Phone with the animation...
Poor video quality can be blamed on my wife's Transform ;)

Last edited:

newboyx

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Re: [How to] Enable CRT animations

Hopefully I did it right.
My first how to...
Next time I will get fancy with color boxes and such!

Preston2291

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
Noted that i have freEVO 3D 1.1 with GPU rendering ROM (it was called Gerbil-6-shooter_v.2.2 on XDA forums) and i followed the steps listed above and the CRT animations are not working. Just some Incite on ROMS that are not compatible currently

Last edited:

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Can this work on other phones?
Yeah, it will work on any phone as long as its an Evo 3D, lol

No, it will only work on the Evo 3D. There is a tutorial floating around that shows you what mods to make to the jar files. What phone are you trying it for? I maybe be able to find what you need.

omispeed3

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, it will work on any phone as long as its an Evo 3D, lol

No, it will only work on the Evo 3D. There is a tutorial floating around that shows you what mods to make to the jar files. What phone are you trying it for? I maybe be able to find what you need.

It will work on rooted Evo 4G?

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
It will work on rooted Evo 4G?

Hell no! Dont waste your time trying. You will not boot up if you apply this on OG Evo! Well.. You may boot.. But trust me, dont do it.

Mixing files across platforms is never recommended. They are compiled for each device.

Be pretty funny if it did work though, lol

omispeed3

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Hell no! Dont waste your time trying. You will not boot up if you apply this on OG Evo! Well.. You may boot.. But trust me, dont do it.

Mixing files across platforms is never recommended. They are compiled for each device.

Be pretty funny if it did work though, lol

Thanks man! I have been looking for that mod but seems that I will never get it. :(

omispeed3

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, IM more than sure its on XDA. Its a GB only hack. If not I have a tutorial on how to hack the file I can send you.

I searched in XDA forums but haven't found nothing. Actually I'm using a stock GB 4.53 Team Nocturnal but it hasn't the CRT screen on/off mod. :(

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
I searched in XDA forums but haven't found nothing. Actually I'm using a stock GB 4.53 Team Nocturnal but it hasn't the CRT screen on/off mod. :(
Im not sure what term you searched for there were just too many.... lol

I would start off here: xda-developers - View Single Post - [DEV] Help a new chef with CRT animations?

Google is your friend! 20 Seconds and I found you a flashable zip. You should talk people in that thread to make sure its compatible with whatever ROM you are running.

Google Search Term: "HTC Evo 4G CRT Animations"

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad