Reboot option not working properly after s-off-rooting?

Marty1781

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Did the S-Off/Root for my Evo 3D but didn't install a custom ROM. I've noticed though that when I press and hold the power button and then select the "Restart" option, the phone powers down but does not restart. I have to press the power button again to get the phone to boot back up. Anyone else notice this (did a search and didn't see it mentioned) and if so, any known fix for it?

Last edited:

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I am rooted on stock and just tested because I normally use Quick Boot. Mine will restart using the power button option. Not sure why yours won't, maybe someone else can shed some light on that. Fwiw I have TWRP instead of Clockwork. May or may not be a factor. Anyway, in the meantime you can try Quick Boot, which will give you the options to reboot, recovery, go to bootloader, or power off. Of course, I also know how to manually get to the bootloader just in case I have an issue where I can't get my phone up, but use Quick Boot for convenience.

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Did the S-Off/Root for my Evo 3D but didn't install a custom ROM. I've noticed though that when I press and hold the power button and then select the "Restart" option, the phone powers down but does not restart. I have to press the power button again to get the phone to boot back up. Anyone else notice this (did a search and didn't see it mentioned) and if so, any known fix for it?

Try turning fast boot off in power settings?

jondevere

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
That HAS to be it... otherwise its EMULATES the process.. does a soft power off.. Turn Fast Boot off and you will be fine.

Marty1781

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Tried turning fast boot off (removed the check mark) and selecting the restart option from the power button menu still only results in a power down, no reboot. Using the Quick Boot app I am able to to do a soft reset/restart though. I do have Clockwork Mod installed instead of TWRP, maybe that could be it?

Marty1781

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Have not tried flashing the 4-in-1 reboot mod. I saw some people were using it on Senseless ROMs but wasn't sure about if it was safe to use on stock rooted? Also, I found the zip but still rather new to the rooting/ROM community and wasn't sure how to install it. Place it on the SD card then boot into Clockwork mod? Then what? Sorry for the newb questions.

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Have not tried flashing the 4-in-1 reboot mod. I saw some people were using it on Senseless ROMs but wasn't sure about if it was safe to use on stock rooted? Also, I found the zip but still rather new to the rooting/ROM community and wasn't sure how to install it. Place it on the SD card then boot into Clockwork mod? Then what? Sorry for the newb questions.

Now that I think about it you might not want to do that...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma