Will HTC unlock and/or root void Sprint TEP warranty?

colestein

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Yup, i've got the Sprint TEP for the phone, and I understand that the HTC method may void my manufacturers warranty, but what about the TEP extended warranty? I have to imagine if it even covers accidental damage, this would be covered but wondering if someone out there knows. I called Sprint, twice, but they had no clue.

thanks

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Re: Will the HTC unlock method void the TEP warranty?

Yup, i've got the Sprint TEP for the phone, and I understand that the HTC method may void my manufacturers warranty, but what about the TEP extended warranty? I have to imagine if it even covers accidental damage, this would be covered but wondering if someone out there knows. I called Sprint, twice, but they had no clue.

thanks
It should have no affect on TEP. Here are all the TEP stipulations:

Support - Article

FenixOK

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site

I've posted in another thread with Sprint's official policy considering rooted Android devices. Basically, if it's a software issue, and we can tell it's rooted, we try and reload the OEM Rom. If that fails to resolve the issue, either the device is "Bricked" or it's an actual hardware issue, as long as you have TEP, we'll order it.

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site

I've posted in another thread with Sprint's official policy considering rooted Android devices. Basically, if it's a software issue, and we can tell it's rooted, we try and reload the OEM Rom. If that fails to resolve the issue, either the device is "Bricked" or it's an actual hardware issue, as long as you have TEP, we'll order it.
So in other words, rooting has no affect on TEP, correct?

You basically return to OEM specs and if the device is still malfunctioning you take care of the customer?

eovnu87435ds

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
you may have to pay a $50-$100 deductible if it is determined that the cause of the problem is from neglect or misuse(aka overclocking your phone to the point where it sizzles). I have had phones replaced through TEP that I have dropped, etc. and since it was my fault I needed to pay a deductible. You could always call sprint and tell them that you have rooted your phone and bricked it, and that you want a replacement through TEP. And once they tell you if it will cost anything or not, tell them not to mind anymore, your device magically came back to life.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar