HTC boot screen shows up but then it goes black

kartikkp

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
Hey, so I had Synergy Rom running on my phone and it was fine, i installed it after i did the HTC root method. Then I tried to install CWM and it failed so I restored back to synergy and it was fine. Then I installed another version of synergy and it was fine also but I didn't like it so I restored back to the original version of synergy that I restored previously. Now the screen goes to the HTC boot screen and then goes black.

The touch screen still works and I just can't see what is happening.

I hooked it up to the HD tv and it works can see everything

I've tried reloading to factory reset but it keeps failing

I've tried booting into a synergy rom from scratch after wiping everything from the phone but the same problem occurs

I can still see CWM recovery mode and fastboot mode but I can't see the load screen of any rom or the actual rom once its loaded unless I've hooked it up to the HDMI out through MHL.

any ideas? I would really appreciate this. I don't care if I go back to factory stock.

kartikkp

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
I think I might know what happened and it's a pretty freak case, so if anyone encounters this problem they may wanna do this solution.

What happened was that there is an app "Set CPU" and in the profile there was an option to set the CPU so when the screen is off the processor can clock less and I set the priority on boot to 100. Thus when I rebooted the phone it messed with the settings and just kept the screen off 100% of the time. I think that there might be an issue with the HTC unlock method and just messing with the CPU in general.

I just fixed this by hooking it up to the HDTV and uninstalling the app, reset the phone and clearing everything. Then I reinstalled the original act

jondevere

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
you just didnt have enuf for the system to boot back up all the way.. sounds like a preference issue within setcpu that you changed. Good to know tho for future issues.

Goldengrim broski

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
i have the same problem except i was messing wiht boot images. i thought i used the wrong boot image for my phone boot.GSM.imgbecause the wifi would turn on(worked fine prior to rooting and unlocking) so i flashed bootCDMA.img and now it just either sits at htc or gets past that and goes to a black screen. btw i dont know if it matters but i have 4ext recovery thing on my phone

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm