help issues while unrooting/s-on

onesie13

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
I need to send my phone back in due to some issue with it and can't seem to be able to unroot it. Admittedly im new to android and am probably doing something wrong so any tipswould be great. I saw this sticky http://forums.androidcentral.com/ht...turn-100-stock-1-13-651-7-rom-recovery-s.html and this link How to bring rooted HTC EVO 3D back to unrooted/S-ON state have similar instructions so i tried to download the stock rom from the second website but the flashing keeps getting aborted. Not sure if its because of the recovery/rom i have now but im using CleanRom 2.4 with clockmod recovery.

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
I need to send my phone back in due to some issue with it and can't seem to be able to unroot it. Admittedly im new to android and am probably doing something wrong so any tipswould be great. I saw this sticky http://forums.androidcentral.com/ht...turn-100-stock-1-13-651-7-rom-recovery-s.html and this link How to bring rooted HTC EVO 3D back to unrooted/S-ON state have similar instructions so i tried to download the stock rom from the second website but the flashing keeps getting aborted. Not sure if its because of the recovery/rom i have now but im using CleanRom 2.4 with clockmod recovery.

Ok, so when you used my method, the first one, tell me what happens. I am sure I can help you.

Reactions: onesie13

onesie13

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
hmm i have no clue why but it kept giving me some error last night but when i tried this morning it installed. Though im not quite sure what the whole fastboot oem thing means. Am i supposed to drag those files to the root of my phone or to the android sdk on my pc.

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
hmm i have no clue why but it kept giving me some error last night but when i tried this morning it installed. Though im not quite sure what the whole fastboot oem thing means. Am i supposed to drag those files to the root of my phone or to the android sdk on my pc.

Just unzip them to your desktop and and enter the commands into a command prompt that is in that folder.

Reactions: onesie13

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome