[ROM] MIUI.US EVO 3D It's finally here!

jondevere

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I checked it out.. it was OK. There are way too many bugs right now but its def a diff feeling. I personally like the graphics on MIUI but hate the functionality. Just my $.02 :)

newboyx

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I have heard a lot of good things about MIUI, but have never owned a phone (until now) that had it available. I still don't understand why you would want your Android device to look like an iPhone. I plan on giving it a try. I should at least give it a run through before passing final judgement.

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
I checked it out.. it was OK. There are way too many bugs right now but its def a diff feeling. I personally like the graphics on MIUI but hate the functionality. Just my $.02 :)

Any AOSP ROM is going to be buggy. They just need more time to get it right. I am sure they will one day. But alot of new phones out... Maybe time to jump ship again, lol

taadow1030

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I have heard a lot of good things about MIUI, but have never owned a phone (until now) that had it available. I still don't understand why you would want your Android device to look like an iPhone. I plan on giving it a try. I should at least give it a run through before passing final judgement.

I thought so too until a few days ago. I'm very partial to Sense and did not want the iPhone look. I downloaded a theme via the built-in theme manager, created my own app drawer by creating a new folder and moving most of the apps into it and moved my most used apps to the dock. Lastly, I put widgets on my remaining free screens. I'm currently on the Evo 4G but plan to move to the 3D in about a month. I also read the hidden features thread on the included MIUI app. This is quite possibly the most advance ROM ever! Not to mention, with all of the available themes in Theme Manager and on XDA, no two phones will look alike. The AOSP kernels are outstanding for speed and battery life. I encourage all to try... you won't be disappointed.

hitman4274

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site

Its not to "look like an iPhone" the rom is mostly developed by the Chinese if I'm not mistaken, and they just have a weird style.
I assure u my 3vo looks nothing like my iPhone. I cheated on cleanrom to run miui and its pretty dam good, IMO. Makes it tuff to pick a daily for myself...

Sent from my clean sharp shooter

jrun

May 27, 2010
Visit site
What i've found to be not working with Miui so far..

1. Video Camera
2. Wimax
3. Swype (not sure if thats just me or not yet)
4. Video playback is choppy

Aside from those things, big fan of it so far. Installed the Tiamat kernel and have SetCPU going and i'm getting great battery life. Tons of themes to choose from as well.

hitman4274

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
There is a way to get swype to work pm me, there is a lil bit of size issue tho,
I posted the directions to make it work on the xda post
Sent from my clean sharp shooter

bwilliams22685

Aug 27, 2011
Visit site
Had trouble installing it. Flashed aosp kernal with flash GUI and then rebooted into recovery. Flashed miui rom and now its stuck at splash screen. Any help?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781