[ROM] 10/12 - CleanROM *Dev Edition* 1.2 - Performance and Style!

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
CRDE.png

A ROM designed for performance and style!​

You MUST read posts #2 and #3 before flashing! There is important info in those threads!

Features
Kernel: bcblend v.03 with capacitive light dimming and always on notification led.
Clock Speed: 1.62 GHZ
Governer: Ondemand
Theme: Custom Developer Edition Theme
ROM Updater: ROM Updater is an application that allows you to download Themes, Ringtones, Fonts and more from inside the application! ROM Updater will also allow, of course, updated ROM's to be download. All of this done from inside the OS then automatically flashed in recovery for you! ROM Updater is temperamental and may occasionally force close from time to time when viewing screenshots. A complete rewrite is in process but I am more than sure you will be happy with this addition! ROM Updater Source Code is licensed on the GNU GPL v2 and source code can be found HERE
Apps: ES File Explorer, DSP Manager, Fast Reboot, System Tuner
Tethering: WiFi Tether 3.1-B6 for 3G / 4G Tether and Sprint Hotspot for Wireless or Wired 3G tether.
Tweaks: Performance and Battery Tweaks.

Changes in this version - Version 1.2 - 10/12/2011
Custom Theme by jayfonzerlli (based on ferns theme)
Added: More Performance tweaks
Added: System Tuner
Updated: Market to 3.2.0
Reverted: Kernel to bcblend v3
Reverted: Camera to Stock

CR_DE_1.2.png

DE-Bench3.jpg

Download via Talkatap app here

Donations always accepted but never expected!
Donate via Tapatalk

Please THANK this thread if you enjoy this offering!

Last edited:

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Important Info!

Prerequisites
  • Custom Recovery installed
  • hboot 1.3 / hboot 1.4 / hboot 1.5
  • Note to hboot 1.5 Users you will loose WiFi and 4G unless read the hboot 1.5 notes HERE

Change Log

How to use ROM Updater!
  • You must read the instructions HERE to use ROM Updater!

Notes
  • Some apps such as Visual Voice Mail will display black text on the pulldown making it hard to read. If this is bothersome use the standard pulldown in the ROM Updater.

Thanks to:
  • bnice20 - Kernel - Best Kernel EVER!
  • mWalt2 - Graciously compiled the kernel to my specs :) Great guy!
  • Beta Team: brol1k, F_K3NT_D, Newboyx, lrod0175, AZ FadeOut and many others!
  • Visuals: mayfield103, jayfonzerreli and fernando sor for theme help

Last edited:

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
About Overclocking

About Overclocking

The ROM is set at a default of 1.62GHZ with Ondemand governing. This provided the best match of performance and battery life.
If you want to change the clock speed or governor you can use System Tuner which is now included in the ROM. Its a great app! If you like buy the full version to support the developer. And why your at it, hit the donate button for me :)

Last edited:

lfnsr

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM] 9/29 - CleanROM *Developer Edition* - Perfomance and St

Downloading now. Looking forward to checking this ROM out!

Reactions: scrosler

lfnsr

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site

downloaded and all set up again. really liking it so far. thanks for another great rom!!

reliancejr

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site

A bit of help...how do you disable signature checking...trying to follow directions, so dont want to screw things up...thanks for the help!

lfnsr

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site

A bit of help...how do you disable signature checking...trying to follow directions, so dont want to screw things up...thanks for the help!

when you are in recovery to flash the rom just make sure the "Zip Signature Verification" is not checked.

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site

when you are in recovery to flash the rom just make sure the "Zip Signature Verification" is not checked.

This is really only needed if you are on CWM. twrp has this off by default so there will not be an issue.

Maybe even CWM, I really dont know but I put that there to be safe. If you flash and it goes through then dont worry.

reliancejr

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site

Let me know how it goes for ya!

flashed and as far as i can see......smooth sailing....loving it.....you are the MAN!

hope battery is close to or as good as CleanRom.... i am a heavy phone user and need my juice....lol

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site

flashed and as far as i can see......smooth sailing....loving it.....you are the MAN!

hope battery is close to or as good as CleanRom.... i am a heavy phone user and need my juice....lol

Battery results will vary but during beta testing all beta testers noted similar results to CR2.5.

rawsin

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site

When i go to apply the 1.78ghz.zip it says that is has applied the 1.6 zip i have tried the 1.2 and the 1.6 those are both correct is it a problem with the zip or is it just reverting to the 1.6 because my phone is one that can't run at 1.7?.....oh btw..... i love repeat love your work :cool:

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site

When i go to apply the 1.78ghz.zip it says that is has applied the 1.6 zip i have tried the 1.2 and the 1.6 those are both correct is it a problem with the zip or is it just reverting to the 1.6 because my phone is one that can't run at 1.7?.....oh btw..... i love repeat love your work :cool:

No, if you applied the 1.78 its working. Just the updater script has a typo. I just copied and pasted the zips when I created them. I forgot to change the print statement from 1.6 to 1.78. But I did apply the correct settings. Just a typo.

bbarend

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site

I'll be giving this a spin when I get on wi-fi later.

Jhines77

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site

Loving the ROM. Seems to be stable. Just curious: Does overclocking to 1.6ghz cause the cpu to scale higher than stock before turning on the second core?

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site

Loving the ROM. Seems to be stable. Just curious: Does overclocking to 1.6ghz cause the cpu to scale higher than stock before turning on the second core?

I dont understand your question?

reliancejr

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site

Ok....I am having an issue....now this issue I also had on CleanRom 2.5...every now and then when I choose one of my bookmarks from the bookmark page I get a FC......not sure why...anybody have a similar problem??

syphex

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site

Is there a place I can download the bcblend kernel with the capacitive dimming feature? I'm currently using their v3 kernel and miss that feature.

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site

Ok....I am having an issue....now this issue I also had on CleanRom 2.5...every now and then when I choose one of my bookmarks from the bookmark page I get a FC......not sure why...anybody have a similar problem??
Hmmm... Sounds like crappy HTC programming? Do you know exactly what FC's on you? I cant say that anyone has ever reported this before until now so I dont really now.

Is there a place I can download the bcblend kernel with the capacitive dimming feature? I'm currently using their v3 kernel and miss that feature.

Yes, the bcblend thread. Its posted by mWalt who compiled for this ROM. Or you can download my ROM and yank it.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shae