How to unroot 1.5 hboot (HTC Method)

LAWintjen

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Just a little side note, on MINE it said relocked n HTC said Warranty is null and void, they sent it back to me. Sprint reloaded the image/rom. Just saying what happen to me.

YES! I see that mine says "***RELOCKED*** which means there will be no warranty still.....anyway to change this??? Any ideas??

LAWintjen

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
lol.. I understand this but then what is the point of returning completely to stock? You can run a clean stock rooted rom... This unroot method was listed as returning completely to stock so that you could take it in for repairs, or more literally for "Emergency purposes".

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
sprint doesn't check the hboot i had mine replaced twice without a problem. if you choose to send to HTC for replacement then thats where the problem is

lol.. I understand this but then what is the point of returning completely to stock? You can run a clean stock rooted rom... This unroot method was listed as returning completely to stock so that you could take it in for repairs, or more literally for "Emergency purposes".

JKTex

May 2, 2011
Visit site
I may be missing something, but I can't get RUU_Shooter_S_Sprint_WWE_2.08.651.3_Radio_0.97.10.0808_NV_SPCS_1.31_003_release_219445_signed to run. I get the same error on, so far, 1 PC running Vista and 1 laptop running Win 7 and am about to test a 2nd laptop running XP.

An error (-50001 : 0x80070002) has occured while running the setup

Please make sure you have finished any previous setup and closed other applications.

If the error still occurs, please contact your vendor:

I know it must be me since a search turned up 0. I finally have time to unroot so can do the latest update and I'm stuck. My luck. :)

Any suggestions?

UPDATE: It runs on the XP machine. The common link between the other 2 is Norton 360. This is frustrating.

UPDATE: Strange. I DL'd a new copy of the exe version and it's running on the PC now. I love when I turn a 20 minute thing into a 2 hour ordeal. :D

Last edited:

mjtaryan

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
The Fed locked MegaUpload so, neither the root3dnew or the RUU can be downloaded. Is another there an alternative for downloading both files?

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
The Fed locked MegaUpload so, neither the root3dnew or the RUU can be downloaded. Is another there an alternative for downloading both files?
you just need to unlock your bootloader with HTCDEV install a custom recovery and flash a rooted rom you can use this TWRP Recovery or get 4EXT off the playstore here 4 EXT Recovery if you get to where you dont understand what to just ask and do it once instead of doing something you may regret.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power