10-11-2013 12:38 PM
52 123
tools
    sorry scrosler
    11-10-2011 09:48 PM
    so someone enlighten me, is Twrp just an easier way to flash roms, do backups and all that stuff? I am boot 1.5 and I'll admit I spent the better part of an entire day learning how to flash my first rom . I had to do that thing where I tell a command to boot the phone into clockwork recovery in order to flash the rom. I was confused every time I read about twrp on the forums.
    11-11-2011 07:37 PM
    so someone enlighten me, is Twrp just an easier way to flash roms, do backups and all that stuff? I am boot 1.5 and I'll admit I spent the better part of an entire day learning how to flash my first rom . I had to do that thing where I tell a command to boot the phone into clockwork recovery in order to flash the rom. I was confused every time I read about twrp on the forums.
    You still have to jump through the same hoops with twrp.
    11-11-2011 09:44 PM
    I am in the same boat as you with 1.5. Did you do the HTC unlock? Once you are up and running it is actually quite simple....

Download the Rom you want and place it on your phone's SD card

Download THIS Download HTCEvo3D/rooting/rootevo3dnew.zip at DownloadAndroidROM.com and extract it to your C drive. You will then have a folder on your C drive like: C:/rootevo3dnew

Then just follow these directions: xda-developers - View Single Post - [ROM] CleanROM 2.8 - 11/7/11- GB 2.3.4 - Cleaner Than a Whistle!

And BAM! You are done! Once you do it the first time... it is super easy to do over and over! Once you get the hang of it, it's actually only typing 2 lines into your command window.

(once you get the hang of it)
    If you use CleanRom... you can download updates through your phone using the Cleanrom updater.... then use the above directions and when you are on your phone to flash the rom... look in your Clanrom folder and there it is!
    11-12-2011 11:57 PM
    I am in the same boat as you with 1.5. Did you do the HTC unlock? Once you are up and running it is actually quite simple....

Download the Rom you want and place it on your phone's SD card

Download THIS Download HTCEvo3D/rooting/rootevo3dnew.zip at DownloadAndroidROM.com and extract it to your C drive. You will then have a folder on your C drive like: C:/rootevo3dnew

Then just follow these directions: xda-developers - View Single Post - [ROM] CleanROM 2.8 - 11/7/11- GB 2.3.4 - Cleaner Than a Whistle!

And BAM! You are done! Once you do it the first time... it is super easy to do over and over! Once you get the hang of it, it's actually only typing 2 lines into your command window.

(once you get the hang of it)
    If you use CleanRom... you can download updates through your phone using the Cleanrom updater.... then use the above directions and when you are on your phone to flash the rom... look in your Clanrom folder and there it is!
    i did all that and am running cleanrom, however the interface for CWRM is rudimentary at best, and i still havent figured out how to do a backup in the CWRM screen. i know there is an option in the CWRM for making a backup and i did that and it says everything went ok but in case i mess something up how do i acess that?. I feel kind like walking on thin ice right now since I am running a custom ROM without a backup, (even though i know it is stable), but my knowledge in the backup process is lacking, and im on Hboot 1.5 so if i brick my phone HTC will know its rooted. Thats why i was asking about TWRP because more people seem to mention that in posts than they do CWRM. I keep hearing people talk about nandroid backups and titanium backups but im still just piecing information together from random posts here and there about the whole process.
    11-15-2011 12:00 PM
    I still having trouble getting this to work... What stage does the phone need to be in for the program to flash? Could someone please give detailed directions on what setting the phone should be in I'm a newbie
    11-28-2011 07:43 PM
    I still having trouble getting this to work... What stage does the phone need to be in for the program to flash? Could someone please give detailed directions on what setting the phone should be in I'm a newbie
    See the prerequisites of this tool. You can find those in the very first post on this thread.
    11-29-2011 02:11 PM
    ok well i had problems doing it ur way so i tried it my way and used flash image gui which flashed it easily and perfectly i just renamed ii PG86.zip went to flash recovery image in flash image gui and flashed it vwolah it worked but i so want to thank u for helping me get my recovery back clock mod and other recoveries did not work at all two thumbs up for u guys thanks
    12-21-2011 01:05 AM
    Hey...thanks for this great tool! It worked like a charm in terms of installing the recovery (HTC unlocked 1.5 hboot)

For some reason, whenever attempting to flash a ROM, I get stuck at the HTC splash screen. I have done all of the requisite wipes, etc. No success in flashing any ROM
    01-03-2012 06:39 PM
    Thanks Scott for the hard work, hoping this would work but it is saying device not found, any ideas what I am doing or did wrong? Thanks
    01-29-2012 09:02 AM
    Thanks Scott for the hard work, hoping this would work but it is saying device not found, any ideas what I am doing or did wrong? Thanks
    Sounds like you don't have the HTC drivers installed.
    01-29-2012 11:29 AM
    Thanks man!
    01-29-2012 09:34 PM
    I have been trying for hours to install this recovery with nothing but frustration. I come across your thread and bam 2 seconds later I'm good to go, thank you so very very much.
    01-30-2012 12:37 AM
    Thanks for the reply newboyx, the drivers are installed, I double checked, phone works fine but I can't seem to install a new rom. It says unlocked, I tried to unroot to start over and can't seem to do that, I'm to new at this, might try to find someone that I can bring it to. It is saying ab service is out of date, killing... then goes into waiting for device, I sure it's just something simple I'm missing. Thanks for your help.
    01-30-2012 05:30 AM
    Do you have usb debugging enabled in your settings?
    01-30-2012 10:49 AM
    Yes it is. I did the HTC unlock as they said, it said successful and the phone says unlocked, that's as far as I can get, if I go into recovery I get the red triangle. Wanted to bring it back to stock and try again but I couldn't do that. I have a couple days into trying different things from the web, I refuse to give up even though the phone still works fine. Thanks again!
    01-30-2012 11:16 AM
    The waiting for device error is almost always a driver issue. Do you have a different pc you can try? Maybe uninstall and then reinstall the drivers. You are so close! After you reinstall the drivers make sure to reboot the pc.
    01-30-2012 11:44 AM
    Still no go newboyx, device not found. Maybe I'm downloading the wrong drivers, Where exactly do I find them. Thanks again.
    01-30-2012 07:12 PM
    Benny answers better below.
    DiPtrkg likes this.
    01-30-2012 08:12 PM
    Still no go newboyx, device not found. Maybe I'm downloading the wrong drivers, Where exactly do I find them. Thanks again.

heres the driver package

http://db.tt/cI5Womtn

also here is a little program that will show you any usb device that is and has been attached to your pc. some times uninstalling the drivers and pluging your phone back in , windows will pick it up and reinstall the drivers. have you gone into device manager to see if the drivers are installed?

http://db.tt/nd4FCHcp
    DiPtrkg likes this.
    01-30-2012 08:40 PM
    and for the adb service is out of date that your getting thats because you have htc sync installed. if you uninstall it and reboot your pc that should go away
    01-30-2012 08:42 PM
    Thanks Guys, I downloaded benny3 driver and I still couldn't use shooter 1.1.1.img so I manually used shooter 2.0.0RC0.img and that worked, was that a bad move? I also would like to find a nice rom that I can use hot spot with. Thanks again for all your help!!
    01-30-2012 09:51 PM
    I need some help. I gained s-off for the first time today and am currently trying to use this tool to gain recovery but the process keeps saying FAILED <remote: not allowed> can anyone help or offer some advice?
    02-23-2012 09:48 AM
    Do you have usb debugging enabled in settings? How did you get s-off?
    02-23-2012 10:13 AM
    yes debugging is om and i gained s-off using revolutionary. I dont thiink i have the PG86IMG file though. i dont know if thats something to consider?
    02-23-2012 11:14 AM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD