[Tool] {V2} Installing TWRP Recovery 1.1.1 - ALL hboots!

tommymsw

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
This will not change how you flash a ROM. Its just a quick script I made to update recovery partition. I am working on a script like this that will take the drudgery out of flashing ROMS on hboot 1.5. Its going to be pretty much the same code... Just need to add a line to it, lol Have not had a chance yet.

If you were actually able to do this, you would finally make the HTC hboot1.5 process every bit as usable as any other method. There would then be no difference at all, am I right?

jhentges

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
SO im an idiot how do I run this I dl on my pc, run the zip file... do i have my phone connected to the computer in fastboot or something?

jsorryman

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
You're not an idiot, man. Just new like me. Yeah, phone hooked up to comp via USB, USB debugging on, fastboot unchecked. D/L file, unzip, open, hit "Do it!" At least I think that's what I remember.

Lots of help here and at scottsroms.com. These guys are great.

jhentges

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Hey just wanted to say thanks toeveryone, I was freaking out a little bit not being able to boot into recovery at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No matter what I tried, but this recover zip helped and am back in business. Thanks again to everyone!

ricohz

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
hey scroer i love u man i spent all night trying to get recovery to work via other method and found dis and was done in like 1 minute thanks:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) a lot

CMILD561

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
so someone enlighten me, is Twrp just an easier way to flash roms, do backups and all that stuff? I am boot 1.5 and I'll admit I spent the better part of an entire day learning how to flash my first rom . I had to do that thing where I tell a command to boot the phone into clockwork recovery in order to flash the rom. I was confused every time I read about twrp on the forums.

newboyx

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
so someone enlighten me, is Twrp just an easier way to flash roms, do backups and all that stuff? I am boot 1.5 and I'll admit I spent the better part of an entire day learning how to flash my first rom . I had to do that thing where I tell a command to boot the phone into clockwork recovery in order to flash the rom. I was confused every time I read about twrp on the forums.

You still have to jump through the same hoops with twrp.

tommymsw

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site

I am in the same boat as you with 1.5. Did you do the HTC unlock? Once you are up and running it is actually quite simple....

Download the Rom you want and place it on your phone's SD card

Download THIS Download HTCEvo3D/rooting/rootevo3dnew.zip at DownloadAndroidROM.com and extract it to your C drive. You will then have a folder on your C drive like: C:/rootevo3dnew

Then just follow these directions: xda-developers - View Single Post - [ROM] CleanROM 2.8 - 11/7/11- GB 2.3.4 - Cleaner Than a Whistle!

And BAM! You are done! Once you do it the first time... it is super easy to do over and over! Once you get the hang of it, it's actually only typing 2 lines into your command window.

(once you get the hang of it)
If you use CleanRom... you can download updates through your phone using the Cleanrom updater.... then use the above directions and when you are on your phone to flash the rom... look in your Clanrom folder and there it is!

Last edited:

CMILD561

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I am in the same boat as you with 1.5. Did you do the HTC unlock? Once you are up and running it is actually quite simple....

Download the Rom you want and place it on your phone's SD card

Download THIS Download HTCEvo3D/rooting/rootevo3dnew.zip at DownloadAndroidROM.com and extract it to your C drive. You will then have a folder on your C drive like: C:/rootevo3dnew

Then just follow these directions: xda-developers - View Single Post - [ROM] CleanROM 2.8 - 11/7/11- GB 2.3.4 - Cleaner Than a Whistle!

And BAM! You are done! Once you do it the first time... it is super easy to do over and over! Once you get the hang of it, it's actually only typing 2 lines into your command window.

(once you get the hang of it)
If you use CleanRom... you can download updates through your phone using the Cleanrom updater.... then use the above directions and when you are on your phone to flash the rom... look in your Clanrom folder and there it is!

i did all that and am running cleanrom, however the interface for CWRM is rudimentary at best, and i still havent figured out how to do a backup in the CWRM screen. i know there is an option in the CWRM for making a backup and i did that and it says everything went ok but in case i mess something up how do i acess that?. I feel kind like walking on thin ice right now since I am running a custom ROM without a backup, (even though i know it is stable), but my knowledge in the backup process is lacking, and im on Hboot 1.5 so if i brick my phone HTC will know its rooted. Thats why i was asking about TWRP because more people seem to mention that in posts than they do CWRM. I keep hearing people talk about nandroid backups and titanium backups but im still just piecing information together from random posts here and there about the whole process.

bopong

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
I still having trouble getting this to work... What stage does the phone need to be in for the program to flash? Could someone please give detailed directions on what setting the phone should be in I'm a newbie

speedtouch

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
I still having trouble getting this to work... What stage does the phone need to be in for the program to flash? Could someone please give detailed directions on what setting the phone should be in I'm a newbie

See the prerequisites of this tool. You can find those in the very first post on this thread.

vegeto999

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
ok well i had problems doing it ur way so i tried it my way and used flash image gui which flashed it easily and perfectly i just renamed ii PG86.zip went to flash recovery image in flash image gui and flashed it vwolah it worked but i so want to thank u for helping me get my recovery back clock mod and other recoveries did not work at all two thumbs up for u guys thanks

arvinb

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Hey...thanks for this great tool! It worked like a charm in terms of installing the recovery (HTC unlocked 1.5 hboot)

For some reason, whenever attempting to flash a ROM, I get stuck at the HTC splash screen. I have done all of the requisite wipes, etc. No success in flashing any ROM :(

DiPtrkg

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
Thanks Scott for the hard work, hoping this would work but it is saying device not found, any ideas what I am doing or did wrong? Thanks

gilbythekid

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
I have been trying for hours to install this recovery with nothing but frustration. I come across your thread and bam 2 seconds later I'm good to go, thank you so very very much.

DiPtrkg

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the reply newboyx, the drivers are installed, I double checked, phone works fine but I can't seem to install a new rom. It says unlocked, I tried to unroot to start over and can't seem to do that, I'm to new at this, might try to find someone that I can bring it to. It is saying ab service is out of date, killing... then goes into waiting for device, I sure it's just something simple I'm missing. Thanks for your help.

Last edited: