If you have HBoot 1.5..

jrun

May 27, 2010
Visit site
My E3D came with hboot 1.4, so i had a pretty easy time rooting and flashing roms. My buddy has hboot 1.5 and i've read that there are some additional steps and work arounds for those with 1.5. Is it possible for him to root his and flash to hboot 1.4 some how? Or is he going to be stuck having to do some extra steps when flashing certain roms / kernels?

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
My E3D came with hboot 1.4, so i had a pretty easy time rooting and flashing roms. My buddy has hboot 1.5 and i've read that there are some additional steps and work arounds for those with 1.5. Is it possible for him to root his and flash to hboot 1.4 some how? Or is he going to be stuck having to do some extra steps when flashing certain roms / kernels?

No, if you are on 1.5 you are stuck.

Reactions: jrun

CCSubaru

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Its actually pretty simple on 1.5 all you have to do extra is:

Before you flash anything, Plug in phone to computer (with debugging enabled), in adb tools on computer (assuming you know how to do this) type "adb reboot bootloader", when its done rebooting make sure it says fastboot usb and type in "fastboot boot recovery.img" (or whatever custom recovery you have downloaded) then from there flash as usual and it will flash custom kernels along with the ROM and be same as 1.4

Reactions: ksumanth

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ruchi Chandel