Unlock, root and install custom Rom on Hboot 1.5 in (3) steps.

tommymsw

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: Unlock, root and install custom Rom on Hboot 1.5 in (3) steps

Yes the drivers must be installed on your PC for this to work. I think that happens in the HTC part though.

Installing the Rom is the easy part! Just follow the steps or watch the Youtube video I placed in the thread #31.

VickMackey#AC

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site

After Step 2, is the phone rooted? Can I stop there and just remove apps and bloatware and such?
Also, If i unlock using the HTC method and then root. Will the phone accept OTA updates at this point?

Thanks all.

tommymsw

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site

After Step 2, is the phone rooted? Can I stop there and just remove apps and bloatware and such?
Also, If i unlock using the HTC method and then root. Will the phone accept OTA updates at this point?

Thanks all.

You can stop after the HTC method, although removing the apps may be a little work. The point of the custom Rom is that it already has all of those things removed. Saves you a TON of time. (I now use the Senselss Rom and that also has the Sense stuff removed)

I am not positive about the OTA updates (somebody may be able to answer that) but if you put the custom Rom on the phone, you will get all the updates from the Rom Updater on the phone.

Reactions: VickMackey#AC

VickMackey#AC

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site

Thanks. I'll check out them out. If everything works as stock and is stable I may flash but I'm likely to stay stock/rooted

Reactions: keronlezama

keronlezama

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site

bootloader unlocked htc method (check)

i followed all of the steps, but when i get to step 6. to enter the commands it just keeps saying "the system cannot find the path specified"
i tried renaming the file, deleted it. re-downloaded and extracted to the specified location. even tried a different location. nothing.
"\cd\rootevo3dnew" is this not the correct cmd?
this is BS im soooo close!!
help anyone?

tommymsw

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site

bootloader unlocked htc method (check)

i followed all of the steps, but when i get to step 6. to enter the commands it just keeps saying "the system cannot find the path specified"
i tried renaming the file, deleted it. re-downloaded and extracted to the specified location. even tried a different location. nothing.
"\cd\rootevo3dnew" is this not the correct cmd?
this is BS im soooo close!!
help anyone?

If the folder is on your C drive like "c:/rootevo3dnew" then YES that is the right cmd to get to that folder. You can try typing "C:\cd\rootevo3dnew"

and remember.... NO quotes!

Reactions: keronlezama

keronlezama

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site

:':)':)'(
its not working and i retraced my steps about 50 times. its not finding the folder for some strange reason. as stated that the zip folder must be extracted in C drive with the same name. thats what i did and i have the senseless rom on my phones SD card waiting to be unleashed. any ideas of a workaround. different location for the file, rename it, did i extract it wrong or something?
thanks again.

tommymsw

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site

:':)':)'(
its not working and i retraced my steps about 50 times. its not finding the folder for some strange reason. as stated that the zip folder must be extracted in C drive with the same name. thats what i did and i have the senseless rom on my phones SD card waiting to be unleashed. any ideas of a workaround. different location for the file, rename it, did i extract it wrong or something?
thanks again.

Let's take this one step at a time...Did you go to the folder on your computer just to double check the path? Go to the file and just make sure that the folders and files match exactly as the directions state? Do you have the C:\rootevo3dnew folder on the HD of your PC? Like when you look at your C drive you see a folder named rootevo3dnew? You could also try extracting it anywhere i.e you desktop and then copying it to the root of your C drive.

ez2bgman

Mar 13, 2010
Visit site

The command line would be:

cd c:\rootevo3dnew

That is assuming that you created a folder on the C: named "rootevo3dnew" and extracted the file into that folder.

keronlezama

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site

The command line would be:

cd c:\rootevo3dnew

That is assuming that you created a folder on the C: named "rootevo3dnew" and extracted the file into that folder.

Ok so I finally woke up and got into recovery mode. Having experience rooting my old EVO 4g I knew what to do from then. But looking for the senless ROM i couldn't find it in the folder.
Q: was I suppose to extract the senseless ROM folder into the phone or just copy it their.
Q: is there a specific name that its under.
Side note: I installed superuser and titanium backup but still says no Su privilege. Is it cuz its rooted HTC method?

tommymsw

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site

Ok so I finally woke up and got into recovery mode. Having experience rooting my old EVO 4g I knew what to do from then. But looking for the senless ROM i couldn't find it in the folder.
Q: was I suppose to extract the senseless ROM folder into the phone or just copy it their.
Q: is there a specific name that its under.
Side note: I installed superuser and titanium backup but still says no Su privilege. Is it cuz its rooted HTC method?

The Rom install will install SU
No you do not extract the Rom
If you placed your Rom on the root of your SD card as per the instructions, it should be on the root of your card. It would then be the exact same name that it is on your PC where you downloaded it to. Should be called Senselessrom...

On a side note... the directions tell you to download CleanRom. If you decided to get Senseless instead, that is no problem, but if you did grab CleanRom then you are looking for the CleanRom file.

keronlezama

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site

Root bliss a success!! just wanted to say thank you guys very much for your help and patience. got it working yesterday. last question is how would i go about updating my senseless rom?

do i use the updater app on the phone or download the zip and flash again?

tommymsw

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site

Root bliss a success!! just wanted to say thank you guys very much for your help and patience. got it working yesterday. last question is how would i go about updating my senseless rom?

do i use the updater app on the phone or download the zip and flash again?

Yes, the Rom Updater in the phone will download it to your senseless folder on your phone. It will say something like "unable to flash from phone, save and flash manually?)

Then all you do is connect your phone to your PC, run the CMD instructions again to boot phone into recovery, and direct your phone to the rom update (Senseless folder). No need to clear cash or anything like that. Updates are WAY easier!

Update instructions are in the first thread at the end of the instructions.

keronlezama

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site

Yes, the Rom Updater in the phone will download it to your senseless folder on your phone. It will say something like "unable to flash from phone, save and flash manually?)

Then all you do is connect your phone to your PC, run the CMD instructions again to boot phone into recovery, and direct your phone to the rom update (Senseless folder). No need to clear cash or anything like that. Updates are WAY easier!

Update instructions are in the first thread at the end of the instructions.

hey tommy, bro i just wanted to say that you and everybody else on this forum is the truth. i rooted, flashed a new rom and fell in love with my evo again. screw sense and their memory hogging . i think my last and final question is where can i find a decent kernel? i did some searching and i saw Zedeomax on youtube using the synergy kernel. but a lot of responses said that it broke 4g and wifi.
what do you recomend?
im on hboot 1.50

thanks again man.

speedtouch

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site

hey tommy, bro i just wanted to say that you and everybody else on this forum is the truth. i rooted, flashed a new rom and fell in love with my evo again. screw sense and their memory hogging . i think my last and final question is where can i find a decent kernel? i did some searching and i saw Zedeomax on youtube using the synergy kernel. but a lot of responses said that it broke 4g and wifi.
what do you recomend?
im on hboot 1.50

thanks again man.

I'm glad everything is working out for you. The SenselessROM and CleanROM are superb ROMs. I used the kernel that was included with my installation of CleanROM. It does not break 4G or WiFi.

tommymsw

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site

Same here... the Rom installed the kernel that the Rom developer thought was the best. I am inclined to trust his judgement so I have not messed around with it. I believe the Rom may be developed with this kernel in mind so another kernel may not function as well with this Rom? I'm just guessing though.

CMILD561

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site

quick question, ive done all this and succesfully flashed ROMS before, but its been so long since the original unlock that i forget. do i need to do steps 6 and 7 again to flash a new rom (example clean rom 2.8 to 2.9.5)...

6. Open the command prompt on your PC (press START and type cmd) In the command window, type: \cd\rootevo3dnew to get to C:\rootevo3dnew).

7. Type the following command in the command prompt: fastboot boot cwm-4.0.1.4-shooter.img and press enter.

cause i can just boot into TWRP without being connected to my computer and choose to install .zip from there? i havent done it yet like that but i dont know why it wouldnt work. maybe i should just try and see what happens.

newboyx

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
quick question, ive done all this and succesfully flashed ROMS before, but its been so long since the original unlock that i forget. do i need to do steps 6 and 7 again to flash a new rom (example clean rom 2.8 to 2.9.5)...

6. Open the command prompt on your PC (press START and type cmd) In the command window, type: \cd\rootevo3dnew to get to C:\rootevo3dnew).

7. Type the following command in the command prompt: fastboot boot cwm-4.0.1.4-shooter.img and press enter.

cause i can just boot into TWRP without being connected to my computer and choose to install .zip from there? i havent done it yet like that but i dont know why it wouldnt work. maybe i should just try and see what happens.

Booting directly into twrp won't flash the kernel.

CMILD561

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site

Booting directly into twrp won't flash the kernel.
well i was bored this morning and decided to try it, just booted my phone into TWRP from the main screen, wiped everything, and flashed 2.9.5 and no problems yet.

but your saying flashing a kernel, which is something different from a ROM, cannot be done like how i just did it? ive never flashed a kernel before so i dont know

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante