renamed the framework-res.apk to framework-res.apk.bak

bignaz

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
So i got a friends Evo 3D and he renamed the framework-res.apk to framework-res.apk.bak

Any way i can put it in fastboot and rename that file back to framework-res.apk its stuck at the htc boot screen.

porpherion

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Re: Need some help

Is he running stock or a custom rom, and is he rooted? If so, I would think pulling the framework-res.apk from the proper ROM zip and doing an adb push would fix that.

bignaz

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site

Stock rom. He is rooted and hes flashed over for boost mobile i dont know if that matters.

Think pushing a stock file then using the method to switch switch them after i get the phone running and recover the original file and rename it would work?

porpherion

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site

I'm by no means a guru at adb, but I would conjecture erasing the faulty framework-res and pushing a fresh one should fix it without renames.

bignaz

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site

So i got it booted up in fastboot and connected to my pc. Keeps on saying device not found. I got the drivers installed but i dont know if their the right drivers for adb.

bignaz

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site

Got it working again.

Pushed a recovery with fastboot then pushed the new framework with adb but that dident work. Flashed a new rom with the recovery and all works.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon