1.5 root problem please help

excessive81

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
I got most the bugs worked out and i into recovery but when try to open the super user file i get:

Step 22. Go back to your phone and hit Power button to get out of USB mode. Then choose “+++++Go Back+++++” and hit the Power button.
Then choose “install zip from sdcard” and hit the Power button.
Then choose “choose zip from sdcard” and hit the Power button.
Then choose su-2.3.6.3-efgh-signed.zip and hit the Power button.
Choose “Yes” and hit the Power button.
I get
Mounting SYSTEM…
Deleting SYSTEM:bin/su…
Extracting files to SYSTEM…
Setting SYSTEM:bin/su permissions to 6755…
Creating SYSTEM:xbin/su symbolic link…
E:Error in /sdcard/su-2.3.6.3-efgh-signed.zip
(status 0)
Installation aborted.

i tired it several times and get same thing. i tried it connected to lap top as directions say. i tried dropping su file to sd card and doing it unhooked from lap top. either way same result. i have 1.5 and 2.08.651.3

i also tried couple diffrent files and downloaded then a couple times....any help be great!!!

newboyx

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I don't use clockwork, there should be an option in one of the menus to enable signature verification. It might be unchecked, if it is, check it.
Basically whatever it is now change it.

Dataman420

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
in clockworks it is in Advance then signature verification just hit the power button when on it then it will trun on or off u will see it on the screen

newboyx

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
in clockworks it is in Advance then signature verification just hit the power button when on it then it will trun on or off u will see it on the screen
Thanks for the assist, I haven't used CWM in a long time. TWRP 2.0 is just too dang awesome.

excessive81

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
is there a guide to do that. i have rooted a few times...never with this much problem but i am not a expert by anymeans

newboyx your are in noblesville indiana? that is like 15 minutes from me i am in pendleton lol

excessive81

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
went ahead and did twrp 2 and it is much better. also it took the su file with no problem. when used the root checker it says i am now root!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith