(*PROBLEM SOLVED*) Ran the1.5 bootloader unlock no success??

tazman1963

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
so i ran the bootloader unlocker for 1.5 and had no success, says it did it yet the unlock screen never shows up what am i doing wrong???

Last edited:

SlobMike

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Re: Ran the1.5 bootloader unlock no success?????

pull the battery and to the volume down plus power or type in the command prompt adb push bootloader.
see if it says unlocked

smallheadz

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Re: Ran the1.5 bootloader unlock no success?????

I have had a couple do this. You have to ruu it back and do it all over. Worked on all of them the second time around. I know its weird but some just hang when the unlock screen is supose to show up.

tazman1963

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
I have had a couple do this. You have to ruu it back and do it all over. Worked on all of them the second time around. I know its weird but some just hang when the unlock screen is supose to show up.

How do I ruu it back????? Since I assumed I never got anywhere with the process, could you give me a rundown on what to do please?

Sent from Looney Tunes Central!

tazman1963

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Well I got it easily fixed, sold the POS and bought a 1.4 hboot all on craigslist, bought it for 220 and sold mine for 220, it only took a matter of hours and 20 or so calls, I recommend the same for everyone having 1.5 hboot problems, as there are a lot of people who don't accept OTA's, and still have hboot 1.4, had it rooted in a matter of minutes. I am happily rooted, and enjoying some of decks goodness!

tazman1963

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
I also want people to know I tried to ruu back with no success either, i would like to hear from others having this problem, try what I did!

JKTex

May 2, 2011
Visit site
This is one of, if not the only thread I've seen with someone that had a problem.

It's a little longer, but works.

Sent from EVO 3D on the move...

random916

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
i am having the same problem except i don't want to hassle with trying to sell and get a new phone. Is there any other methods or tips out there to get this damn thing rooted?

bobodobo

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I had the same problem... check out this thread, maybe it will help you too if you haven't bought an hboot 1.4 EVO already.

To summarize the situation described in that thread: I thought I needed to downgrade my software version from 2.17.651.5 to 2.08.651.2 in order to use the HTC unlock method with hboot 1.5, since nothing I did on my current 2.17.651.5 version would cause the unlock screen to appear on the EVO. As it turns out, downgrading was impossible (at least for me) but by over-writing the current 2.17.651.5 with a "different" 2.17.651.5 in this .exe file, everything worked fine.

2fasteddie

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Its possible to downgrade to hboot 1.4 now, its relatively simple just kinda intense because you intentionally brick your phone, but if you follow instructions well its pretty easy and the brick is just temporary obviously. Ever since I downgraded I've been flashing roms and kernels like a madman!

Sent from my hboot1.4 Evo3D