Anyone running an ICS ROM?

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I've been running Kushdeck's ICS alpha7 ROM for the past few days and while there are missing features (like 4g, camera and bluetooth audio) it is very stable and VERY fast! Hands down the fastest ROM I have ever used. I've been enjoying the native AOSP UI so much that I almost don't want to flash back to a fully functional ROM! I'm just curious if anyone else has tried it and would like to know your thoughts/opinions. I can't wait for a fully baked ICS ROM to hit. Love it, love it, love it!

pergerson6

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I've used it but I really think until a fully functional ics rom is available ill stick with 2.3.4 sense 3.0! Ics is a little bit over rated and I like the sense features a hell of a lot more than the Ics UI.

sent from my infected Evo3D

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I heard they got the camera working on the ICS ROM for the EVO 4G. While it is a different camera this should indicate that getting the camera to work on the E3D is possible and probably not to far off. While not having a camera is a huge missing piece, the AOSP UI and overall speed is very hard to move away from. I have reverted back to a Sense ROM but find myself missing many of the ICS features.

pergerson6

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I heard they got the camera working on the ICS ROM for the EVO 4G. While it is a different camera this should indicate that getting the camera to work on the E3D is possible and probably not to far off. While not having a camera is a huge missing piece, the AOSP UI and overall speed is very hard to move away from. I have reverted back to a Sense ROM but find myself missing many of the ICS features.

I will update as soon as the camera is working. Can't wait!

sent from my infected Evo3D

anon(415574)

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
I ran kush's for a couple days and really enjoyed it (along with chrome browser! ), however I had an issue with it shutting off overnight while on the charger. Since I use my phone as my alarm clock, it shutting off or freezing at night is a major problem for me.

I will continue to follow his work and keep on trying.. I really loved it.

I run senslessROM for my DD.

The ONLY aspect of Sense I like is the Sense clock widget. I pretty much hate the rest of it. When I bought the phone I was expecting CM7 to "be out shortly" so I wasn't worried about it.

Reactions: stanlm2

pergerson6

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm running warm 2.3 v547 with Mike1986's sense removal script with anthrax r13. And I must say its faster than anything I've used so far. Great battery life and very smooth. I could care less about ics. It also has the latest update and baseband.

Sent from my PG86100

Reactions: stanlm2

stanlm2

May 2, 2011
Visit site
1st time trying KushDeck's ics for e3d alpha 9.
no camera and no 4g yet, but kind of neat being my first hands on with ICS as well. ICS sure takes minimalism and dark to the max.
It's not really as different as i thought it might be (design/ui-wise).
maybe they should've called ICS, honeybread 3.3 instead and spared us some of those sky-is-falling fragmentation articles.

Beatzbyreefah

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Personally, after using a ICS rom I didnt want to go back to sense period. There are some things about sense I like but an aosp rom with go launcher is what I really like so cm7 or 9 was what i was waiting for. If ICS gets fixed (fully wimaxx camera 3d etc) then thats where I will be. Until then I have settled with Steal inbREDed 4.1. Was going to go senseless but I just love the look of this rom. I dont think ICS is over-rated, its a way different feel than GB to me and just like when GB came out, once ICS is old like GB and android 5.0 aka "Apple Fritter" comes out it'll be "over-rated" as well.
Just my opnion

Kwdan

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I am using Kushdeck( who i can't find by the way) alpha9. I like it a lot. I don't use my camera much and i don't live near 4g. I'm looking forward to his next release. The 2 I switch between are Chogardjr3D if i need to take pictures that day (that rom gave me 30hrs battery life with medium usage) and Deck alpha9. If anyone knows where Kushdeck is let me know (no other updates on the other sites either).

sparkie172

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Watch kushdeck Twitter he just tweeted
"be on the lookout for fresh new 'beta' builds in the upcoming week for the 3 devices. evo3d, evo shift, and evo4g. #ics #wereabouttobebeta -- jared waters (@kushdeck)"

who ate my oreo?

failmatic

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I just tried newts ics. its cool but i was having wifi problems so i went back to mean rom. I would retry at another time after doing 1.4 s-off downgrade

NVM i did several reboots and now wifi works normal. just no camera which is cool by me.

Last edited: