need clarification

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
So I just got this phone on Friday, activated Saturday, rooted yesterday. now phone arrived with h boot 1.5. It was a pain in the you know to root but bootloader is unlocked, Team win recovery is installed as is superuser. Everything works fine. I know there's issues with that h boot and getting s-off which I don't think I have. running stock ROM, been to xda, looked at roms but don't know what can I flash without issues. So I guess my questions are these: is there a ics/sense ROM I can run with working 4g and (fingers crossed) hdmi out? Also do I need to do anything different when flashing? to be honest guys I'm kind of jumbled because so many sites say so many things. I just want a ics/sense ROM like mikvirgin with working.4g and hdmi out. I'm coming from og who 4g which I rooted with revolutionary so I didn't have this issue. Apparently the rules of the game have changed and I'm effing clueless. Good news is like I said bootloader is unlocked, recovery is installed as us superuser so I know I'm rooted. But to put it simpler maybe: what roms can I run without s off and is install different? I really just want the ics dock lol. If you need more info i'd be happy to supply

Last edited:

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Wow nobody? Anyhow I flashed mikvirgin and AnthraX-htcleak-rls1.zip successfully but whenI reboot, phone did not go past HTC screen. Really starting to miss my og evo 4g with s-off. Help please

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for your response but Yeah but I got the stock ROM on here now. Didn't see a difference with that and clean ROM. my issue is how can flash a ics ROM. Mikvirgin this am and yes I flashed AnthraX-htcleak-rls1.zip after.

pergerson6

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for your response but Yeah but I got the stock ROM on here now. Didn't see a difference with that and clean ROM. my issue is how can flash a ics ROM. Mikvirgin this am and yes I flashed AnthraX-htcleak-rls1.zip after.

Try switching your recovery to 4ext! You can flash 1.5 easier with that recovery.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1560279

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Try switching your recovery to 4ext! You can flash 1.5 easier with that recovery.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1560279

just bought 4 ext recovery app from market. So you saying I only need to use this app to install that recovery? No command prompts? And with this recovery I can install mikvirgin along with kernel zip and have a fully functioning ROM? Is it really that simple?

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
So I followed steps correctly and flashed mikvirgin successfully except for one huge problem: my call mic did not work. Everything, and I do mean everything worked except I got the voicemail notification, called it, did not hear anything. Thought "okay whatever, back to setting up this beautiful rom". Made a test call as I always do whenever I flash a new rom and did not hear anything . Call was connected, timer was going but I heard nothing. Put it in speaker and heard the call. Called my wife, she heard me, I couldn't hear her unless she was on speaker. I wiped cache and reflashed AnthraX-htcleak-rls1.zip.Still nothing. flashed cleanrom ics edition and everything works. actually except for a few things it pretty much is mikvirgin but mikvirgin is sexy (taking absolutely nothing away from cleanrom ics). Any ideas because I kinda miss small things like the playstore option in app drawer and the tweaks. Any ideas how I can fix

pergerson6

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
You didn't have to buy 4ext they had a free app also. A lot of ics roms are having vvm issues. I use Google voice and personally I think its way better anyway. Meanrom and zr3dx are pretty decent roms to choose from. I would also stick with the stock kernel for now. If your looking for more smoothness you could run the v6 supercharger script from zepplinrox. It really cleans up some memory and lag.

Last edited:

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
You didn't have to buy 4ext they had a free app also. A lot of ics roms are having vvm issues. I use Google voice and personally I think its way better anyway. Meanrom and zr3dx are pretty decent roms to choose from. I would also stick with the stock kernel for now. If your looking for more smoothness you could run the v6 supercharger script from zepplinrox. It really cleans up some memory and lag.

I didn't have a problem with voicemail on mikvirgin, my problem was only being able to hear callers on speakerphone. When I put the phone to my ear I got nothing. No sound, nothing. The only way I could hear call was speakerphone. also I paid for 4ext was because it said I would get more features. No biggie lol. Dude deserves my $3 lol. Any ideas on mic issue with mikvirgin?

pergerson6

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I didn't have a problem with voicemail on mikvirgin, my problem was only being able to hear callers on speakerphone. When I put the phone to my ear I got nothing. No sound, nothing. The only way I could hear call was speakerphone. also I paid for 4ext was because it said I would get more features. No biggie lol. Dude deserves my $3 lol. Any ideas on mic issue with mikvirgin?

I have no idea about the speakerphone on that ROM. It's been awhile since I've used it,but aamikam isn't even updating it anymore because he broke his phone. I think chubbzlou is in charge now, but try checking out mikmik forums! They might be able to help you more.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463