bricked i think?

zambalis

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Ok so last night i dropped my 3VO and i noticed the screen was all black but back lite with the buttons at the bottom lit. i left it alone for over an hour as i had other things to do. when i came back i noticed nothing had changed so i pulled the battery and pressed power for it to only boot up to the htc logo then black screen and nothing else.. assuming i i needed to un root my phone and start over i attempted to enter the boot loader and the phone wont enter just stays black.. at first i thought it was my screen but then i wouldn't have gotten the htc logo and such.. i thought maybe i needed to flash a new boot.img or similar things but unable to enter hboot. so after searching i figured i qualified for the Unbrick method and this is what i get

./brickdetect.sh
Searching for bricked device...
Unable to obtain kernel buffer: Operation not permitted
usage: sudo dmesg
sed: 1: "/sd.27 sd.28/{ s/.*\(sd ...": extra characters at the end of q command
Device can't be detected. Check connections

no im 99% certain im doing it right.. i have tried in on my mac, tried it on my virtual drive running ubuntu and same out come.. any ideas would be appreciated..

p.s. i have seen may post on ppcgeeks, xda, and here but none have the answer to my problem, thank you in advance

RaAkhenaton_AC

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Take it to a Sprint store just to ensure that you don't have physical damage to the phone. You'd be surprised how often technicians completely ignore obvious rooting. A conversation with a tech a few years ago was my catalyst for entering the rooting community.

Sent from my A500 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton