Help how to unlock HTC EVO 3D

PewDiePie

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Ok So I'm on Ics witch I can't root by revolution standards... So I have to Unlock By HTC Way and I have to buy a code I can find a free Codes any where ... Where can I find a free code to unlock my HTC EVO

Sent from my PG86100 using Android Central Forums

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Ok So I'm on Ics witch I can't root by revolution standards... So I have to Unlock By HTC Way and I have to buy a code I can find a free Codes any where ... Where can I find a free code to unlock my HTC EVO

You gotta do some research. You're gonna break your phone. It's important to know what you're doing before attempting this. It's real simple but you can't buy the code. You give HTC some info which ONLY YOU can provide and they'll give you the code. It's really simple if you do some research so you understand the terms and what you're being asked to do

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

pergerson6

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I had an Optimus S before. I read for five month before I even tried rooting. Dizzle is definitely correct! Research is the key and understanding what your doing is very important.

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
The optimus s was a b!+ch to root lol. Took me 10 hours and a lot of help. My first android phone. I love it but at the same time I will never buy a LG smartphone again. I did love that phone

pergerson6

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
The optimus s was a b!+ch to root lol. Took me 10 hours and a lot of help. My first android phone. I love it but at the same time I will never buy a LG smartphone again. I did love that phone

I couldn't figure out how to root it. I used the Optimus V method even though I was told not to. It worked though lol!

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Jondevre, who I will be eternally grateful to, helped me root mines last May. We started at 1pm and finished around midnight lol. I let him possess my pc at one point because the terminal emulator commands weren't working. But I was soooooooo happy when it was done and to this day love Zefe' s Scott pilgrim cm7. That day introduced me to rooting. I would probably do it again tomorrow if I could. It's also one of the reasons I have no patience for douchebaggery when I encounter it on the forum. When I was introduced to this forum the people were great and helpful. Who takes 11 hours out their day to help a newbie nowadays? Forgetaboutit (couldn't resist Lmao). I remember you from that forum and you've ALWAYS been helpful and for that I thank you

PewDiePie

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
You gotta do some research. You're gonna break your phone. It's important to know what you're doing before attempting this. It's real simple but you can't buy the code. You give HTC some info which ONLY YOU can provide and they'll give you the code. It's really simple if you do some research so you understand the terms and what you're being asked to do

I'm going to do the HTC method once more to show what it says when I put in the code of somesort I get from my cmd

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Are you copying and pasting the code. I haven't unlocked mines since June when I got this phone and I'm s off now so my memory could be of but I believe you just copy and paste the code.

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm a past optimus s owner much more simpler on optimus s then it is on EVO

Maybe for you but I rooted my optimus s in May of 2011. Before the gingerbread update was sent out. Back then you had to use the gingerbreak root method which was very simple. One click. But rooting wasn't the pain. Installing custom recovery was. By the time LG released official gingerbread for optimus s in September I already owned a og evo 4g and moved on

PewDiePie

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Maybe for you but I rooted my optimus s in May of 2011. Before the gingerbread update was sent out. Back then you had to use the gingerbreak root method which was very simple. One click. But rooting wasn't the pain. Installing custom recovery was. By the time LG released official gingerbread for optimus s in September I already owned a og evo 4g and moved on

Nope I had it befor the ginger bread update I think 5 months befor I had zefie help me

PewDiePie

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Are you copying and pasting the code. I haven't unlocked mines since June when I got this phone and I'm s off now so my memory could be of but I believe you just copy and paste the code.s

ill do it add then add a pic of it because its says it the correct code or sumtin like dat

bopong32

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm trying to unlock my EVO 3D using the directions on the HTC site. When I get to the step after putting in the fastboot it only says "waiting for device" and is not connecting with my phone. I also had the same message when using the HTC quickboot. Any advice? I unchecked fastboot and made sure debuggin mode is checked. Are there any other/easier options for unlocking Hboot 1.58?

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm trying to unlock my EVO 3D using the directions on the HTC site. When I get to the step after putting in the fastboot it only says "waiting for device" and is not connecting with my phone. I also had the same message when using the HTC quickboot. Any advice? I unchecked fastboot and made sure debuggin mode is checked. Are there any other/easier options for unlocking Hboot 1.58?
Have you installed the HTC drivers? Heres the ones i use

http://db.tt/cI5Womtn

ninjastorm

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

The free unlock codes are available only for the old models not for the new models.You can get the paid unlock code from the site Simpleunlocking.com .Here,you can get the unlock codes for your HTC EVO 3D at affordable cost .You need to specify the country, network name and IMEI number of your mobile.After that they provide the unlock code for your mobile through mail.Then visit the site Mobileunlockguide.com .Here they provide step by step free instructions about how to unlock your HTC EVO 3D.

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
The free unlock codes are available only for the old models not for the new models.You can get the paid unlock code from the site Simpleunlocking.com .Here,you can get the unlock codes for your HTC EVO 3D at affordable cost .You need to specify the country, network name and IMEI number of your mobile.After that they provide the unlock code for your mobile through mail.Then visit the site Mobileunlockguide.com .Here they provide step by step free instructions about how to unlock your HTC EVO 3D.

I think he wants or means the unlock code for for the bootloaderand you dont pay for them, when you unlock the bootloader through HTCDev they send you a code that unlocks the bootloader.
Heres is another option if you want to go s-off which i recommend..[TOOL] HBOOT Downgrade Toolkit Live CD (or USB) - Free Your Phone. S-OFF. - xda-developers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech