What will rooting get me? Will I also need a custom ROM?

savvy_cowgirl

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I bought a used EVO 3D, that had been wiped, so it is back to factory. I'm trying an android phone again after sending my Galaxy SII back after a 12 day trial. I've now found out that you can "root" the phone and have more control. What I would like to do is remove the location applications, I'm not going to use them they take up space. I'd like to remove the social stuff, facebook, twitter & the like, same reason. I've found I can disable them, but they aren't removable. Also the alarm clock would go off for like 15 seconds. That won't wake me up on a good day. Is there a way to make it let me set it for longer, short of buying an app like I did for the Galaxy SII?
I know rooting gives me more control over the phone, but I don't know what KIND of control? Like the things listed above? Or will I have to go further and find some custom ROM and then install that to make it do what I want?
Thanks so much! I get some of the stuff in general, like the more control, but I wanted to know a bit more specifically.:p

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Its always better to root. With a file manager you can remove whatever bloat you wont need and then some. You can PM me if you need more info and details

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca