Blank screen with status bar & can't boot into recovery

jennicaw

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I was messing around with clockworkmod recovery trying to get google talk with video chat to work. I followed the directions and it messed up I guess. My phone is basically worthless right now. it rings when i get a phone call but i can't answer. When I try to boot into recovery it just restarts. it won't even let me factory reset. I have cleanROM, by the way. Just seeing if anyone can help.

jennicaw

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Also, when it loads to my screen, it's blank with the status bar. i can't do anything on it, and it's set to charge only on USB which i can't change.
:(

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Btw I don't think you can do anything in recovery to get those apps to work other than a superwipe and reflash or clearing your cache. It's either the Rom or user error. If those are important to you (gtalk & video chat) ask around for a Rom with those features working and flash that.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

jennicaw

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Pull battery and power, plus volume down to get into recovery.

i've done this about 10 times. i said it won't go into recovery, it just restarts

Btw I don't think you can do anything in recovery to get those apps to work other than a superwipe and reflash or clearing your cache. It's either the Rom or user error. If those are important to you (gtalk & video chat) ask around for a Rom with those features working and flash that.

i know i don't need to go into recovery to use those apps. the instructions i followed told me to use clockworkmod and use the recovery through that, then flash the zip that had google talk on it.

i'll just have someone take my sd card into a micro sd card reader and fix it from there.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084