will rooting allow me to delete the apps Sprint put on my EVO 3D?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Yes rooting your device will allow you to remove this bloatware.

However many times when you root and start removing carrier/OEM bloatware you loose the ability to accept future OTA updates.

So it comes down to pick your poison... Run with the bloat and accept future updates or root, remove the bloat and consider running custom ROMs in the future ;)

Either way keep in mind there is a way to return back to factory stock once you have rooted so your not " stuck " with no return.

TorrieLisa Jacobs

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Yes rooting your device will allow you to remove this bloatware.

However many times when you root and start removing carrier/OEM bloatware you loose the ability to accept future OTA updates.

So it comes down to pick your poison... Run with the bloat and accept future updates or root, remove the bloat and consider running custom ROMs in the future ;)

Either way keep in mind there is a way to return back to factory stock once you have rooted so your not " stuck " with no return.

So I could root remove the bloatware and then unroot, and the bloatware won't come back?

pergerson6

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
You won't want to un root once you root. If you stay on the stock ruu rom or sense 3.6 roms you won't have issues updating. Removing bloatware has nothing to do with OTA updates. Removing the wrong system apps is when you run into issues. Backing up the files once rooted benefits you as well. Then if you make a mistake you can always fix it.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci