Sprint has all types of games and some apps that I don't want on my phone that I can't uninstall! They take up tons of memory will rooting help?
    03-03-2013 09:32 PM
    Yes rooting your device will allow you to remove this bloatware.

However many times when you root and start removing carrier/OEM bloatware you loose the ability to accept future OTA updates.

So it comes down to pick your poison... Run with the bloat and accept future updates or root, remove the bloat and consider running custom ROMs in the future

Either way keep in mind there is a way to return back to factory stock once you have rooted so your not " stuck " with no return.
    03-03-2013 09:37 PM
    Yes rooting your device will allow you to remove this bloatware.

However many times when you root and start removing carrier/OEM bloatware you loose the ability to accept future OTA updates.

So it comes down to pick your poison... Run with the bloat and accept future updates or root, remove the bloat and consider running custom ROMs in the future

Either way keep in mind there is a way to return back to factory stock once you have rooted so your not " stuck " with no return.
    So I could root remove the bloatware and then unroot, and the bloatware won't come back?
    03-03-2013 09:49 PM
    You won't want to un root once you root. If you stay on the stock ruu rom or sense 3.6 roms you won't have issues updating. Removing bloatware has nothing to do with OTA updates. Removing the wrong system apps is when you run into issues. Backing up the files once rooted benefits you as well. Then if you make a mistake you can always fix it.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2
    benny3 and TorrieLisa Jacobs like this.
    03-04-2013 06:13 AM
    What's the best way to root my phone.
    03-04-2013 08:57 AM
    What's the best way to root my phone.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1889438 sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2
    03-04-2013 09:12 AM