root evo 3d 1.53

krox

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
i cant use htc dev... i try many times and not working, i read all guides to serch for possible mistake and i'm doing it right...
any other way to root and install custom recovery

i have
s-on
hboot 1.53
4.0.3 ics

thanks

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
i cant use htc dev... i try many times and not working, i read all guides to serch for possible mistake and i'm doing it right...

i have
s-on
hboot 1.53
4.0.3 ics
thanks

I assume with the 1.53 hboot its a GSM model, are choosing the right model 3d from the list? if you dont see your model/carrier scroll to the bottom and use All other supported models

markbencze

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site

i have
s-on
hboot 1.53
4.0.3 ics

thanks

Youre not doing it correctly if youre using the htc dev site. It does work
forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1535987
And fyi if you want to flash anything thats not sense based rom you have to downgrade your hboot 1.53 will cause boot loops. 1.49 will work.

So furst follow the link I sent you and you'll get unlocked bootloader, root s-off and if you dont get s off do the wire trick but you have to be running stock forbit to work.
Once youve done all that you need to find the zip for the down grade (if you cant find it message me back and ill look for it as I have it)
Put the zip file in the root of your sd card and go to bootloader. Hit vol down for fast boot and it will read the zip and prompt you to install. Say yes. If it give you an error you need to enter a fastboot command. Enter "fastboot iem writeid 11111111" then it will accept the change. You will be at 1.49 hboot I believe
Then boit into recovery and go into your file manager and either delete yhe hboot file or move it to a different folder
Then you can flash any jb rom you want ie cm 10.1 and run android 4.2.2

Sent from my SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums