Need help unlocking my evo 3d

goldengates

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, im fairly new to the process of unlocking your phone and loading custom roms and stuff but i thought i would give it a shot. Unluckily i failed and have been searching for the last couple of days for ways to load up a stock rom onto my phone. HTC Evo 3d Relocked S-on Hboot 1.58.

Basically i rooted my phone with superuser and i had 4ext recovery. Attempted to load a AOKP rom and it bootcycled on me. Being frustrated i tried to "undo" what i had done and i managed to delete the rom off of my phone. So now i can only start my phone into bootloader and my pc wont recognize the SD card. I have tried loading up a couple different stock roms onto the SD card through a different phone, and when i plug it back into my evo 3d it gets an error saying the version is not correct.

I have a few close friends that have attempted to help me out and basically they are saying if i can manage to unlock my phone they can help me load up a fresh stock rom and then i would be all good from there. I am wondering if anyone out there has had this problem or is awesome enough to guide me in the right direction

goldengates

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
Im posting a reply because I ended up figuring out what i had to do. So maybe this will help someone else who has the same problem i had. I found out that not every rom works with hboot 1.58 s-on. My phone was on relocked setting in the bootloader so I went to HTC dev site and followed their instructrions on unlocking the phone. After i unlocked it i had access to my 4ext recovery and started trying all sorts of different roms and every time i got a boot cycle. Remember, i had managed to delete the stock rom completely off my phone so I had nothing to recover to.

I ended up flashing the rom Coolrom v17 ICS, then i had to flash the boot.img from a stock rom i downloaded, and then i ran the bootloader.exe that you get when you d/l coolrom and it worked.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci