#teamwin I CAN HAZ ROOT!!! #evo3d​

#teamwin Oh, and I've rooted my *SECOND* #evo3d, which has the latest OTA.​
Time to celebrate!

Sent From My 3VO!

Last edited:

irock1985

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Haha that was fast! was trying to keep it in the main forum for a while for those who don't regularly visit the rooting sub forum

irock1985

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Cant wait! I been following the thread since yesterday ( over 100 pages since then) and man I went to the restroom came back hit F5 and we had root... I think i'm going to cry.... Yes we have root! and on my Birthday too... Thanks for this TeamWin

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
"THEY" have root.

"WE" have nothing.

nothing.

You have the joy of watching people hold back information that should be shared with everyone so they can continue their never ending quest for glory and donations.

Good thing the people who found all those kernel exploits didn't feel the same way.

irock1985

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
ZOMGSOMEONEHASROOTEDAPHONEBUTHASYETTORELEASETHEROOTMETHODANDISGETTINGEVERYBODYALLWORKEDUPANDKILLINGOURINBOXES.

:p

Sorry Phil... Its my birthday and i've been given permission to do whatever I want lol... JK

But man I feel special to even see you and Gbhil on my post!

Sent From My 3VO!

Last edited:

trooper54

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
You have the joy of watching people hold back information that should be shared with everyone so they can continue their never ending quest for glory and donations.

Good thing the people who found all those kernel exploits didn't feel the same way.

isn't it sad gbhil, some people loose sight of what they started out working for.

Last edited:

BigRick10

May 13, 2010
Visit site

Devs don't HAVE to share anything. They do this on their free time out of their outside day job. Just saying. I want the info just as bad as the next guy.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

trooper54

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Devs don't HAVE to share anything. They do this on their free time out of their outside day job. Just saying. I want the info just as bad as the next guy.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

rick, he's not throwing all devs together in one bunch. If devs dont share their work, whats the point?

bobodobo

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
rick, he's not throwing all devs together in one bunch. If devs dont share their work, whats the point?
If you do hard work using a rare talent that you have, and you do it for free, and all you get back are complaints that you're not doing it fast enough or well enough, how long before you say, "---- it, I'll keep it to myself" (or not do it at all)?

trooper54

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
If you do hard work using a rare talent that you have, and you do it for free, and all you get back are complaints that you're not doing it fast enough or well enough, how long before you say, "---- it, I'll keep it to myself" (or not do it at all)?

your 100% right, and thats what makes good devs =) i'm not trying to bash by all means.
I cant wait for this weekend to be over soon enough. And am so thankful for such talented devs.

bobodobo

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
your 100% right, and thats what makes good devs =) i'm not trying to bash by all means.
I cant wait for this weekend to be over soon enough. And am so thankful for such talented devs.
Agreed 100%. I can't even begin to imagine the talent that teamwin and other groups like them have. Two questions come up, however:

1. I trust teamwin to do the right thing, but is it possible that a non-so-altruistic group of "developers" has independently discovered this serious hole and is developing malicious code?

2. Is now the right time to buy a 3D (if you haven't already) before the hole becomes public knowledge and perhaps HTC starts shipping devices with an updated OS that plugs the hole? I know they said they would ship devices with an unlocked bootloader, but no one knows when that will happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084