[Guide] - Updated 7/22: 3VO Clean Up - Remove *ALL* bloatware! V2

Status
Not open for further replies.

pierre1321

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Re: [Guide] - 3VO Clean Up - Remove *ALL* the bloatware!

Yeah, I got lazy after posting the batch file. To reverse this you can simply modify the batch fiel with notepad or whatever your favorite editor is. Just change the word "disable" to "enable" and run the scripts again. You can even pick and choose.

This script disables the app so its no longer loading thus using no memory.

Cool beans
Still trying to find a temp root that works on my phone.

Thanks has been engaged

pierre1321

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site

What about spiderman and green hornet, did you take them out of batch file.
Didn't see them in the full list either.

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site

What about spiderman and green hornet, did you take them out of batch file.
Didn't see them in the full list either.
Ummm. Not 100% sure what you are asking. The batch file does remove GreenHornet and does remove spiderman.

Spider man is: com.gameloft.android.SPRINT.GloftSMHP.ML
Greenhornet is: com.htc.watchshortcut

Both are disabled status. Is that what you are asking?

EDIT: If you want those left in just modify the batch file be removing those two disable lines.

pierre1321

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site

Ummm. Not 100% sure what you are asking. The batch file does remove GreenHornet and does remove spiderman.

Spider man is: com.gameloft.android.SPRINT.GloftSMHP.ML
Greenhornet is: com.htc.watchshortcut

Both are disabled status. Is that what you are asking?

EDIT: If you want those left in just modify the batch file be removing those two disable lines.

Sorry bout that, all the other icons went away. Cept spiderman and green hornet, even had to stop manualy stop spiderman.
The others went without a problem, but those 2 stayed. Will try again, let you know in a bit.
Thanks for clarifying

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site

Sorry bout that, all the other icons went away. Cept spiderman and green hornet, even had to stop manualy stop spiderman.
The others went without a problem, but those 2 stayed. Will try again, let you know in a bit.
Thanks for clarifying

I could have goofed. I will check tonight. I need to hard reset to test it for sure. Cant do that right now.

pierre1321

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site

I could have goofed. I will check tonight. I need to hard reset to test it for sure. Cant do that right now.

Proll just my phone, still those 2. Looked in batch file, their in there. No biggie, atleast most are disabled. That's better than none.

Thanks

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site

Im gonna make an update to the script anyways. There are couple more things that are in there that are needed, see HTC Logger. I totally missed that one so either way I will try to post an updated batch tonight and I will confirm those other two items. I also planned up updating the root script so its more "permanent" Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Re: [Guide] - Updated 7/22: 3VO Clean Up - Remove *ALL* bloatware

Ok, I updated the script for your enjoyment. I have added additional bloatware removal, the updated root script by eugene373, and an Ad-Blocking host file.

I also did some memory comparisons as well

Free RAM comparison
Fresh boot of a completely stock ROM: 371 Megabytes free
Fresh boot of a Cleaned stock ROM using this script: 441 Megabytes Free (save 70 megs running the script!)

Please leave any feedback you feel appropriate.

Thanks

-Scott

Reactions: pierre1321

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site

HTC hub shows up but closes as soon as I open it?

Yeah, I know. I cant figure out how to remove the icon. I may make an update to resolve that by either

A) Add hub back in
B) Spend more time tying to figure it out.

I'll give it another go in a day or so.

hdhuntr

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

Oh! My! God! Just a Thanks! is not nearly enough for this. So I had my EVO 4G just the way I liked it when GB came along and killed root. I waited until last week and still no root method. Then Sprint tells me I can get 3d for only $50 with buyback...so why not? I get it, I love it...way faster than 4G and I was happy with that...but still even tho we can get rid of SOME stuff there's still all the crapware in this package. I am fairly geeky but no SW engineer. I see this mesage and think...it can't be this easy...Well it wasn't...for some reason I had to run the scripts twice...Oh what horrible hardship:) It's just amazing what people do on here for free. I am going to your website to see if you sell something I can buy. Thanks very much! D.

hdhuntr

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

Oh! My! God! Just a Thanks! is not nearly enough for this. So I had my EVO 4G just the way I liked it when GB came along and killed root. I waited until last week and still no root method. Then Sprint tells me I can get 3d for only $50 with buyback...so why not? I get it, I love it...way faster than 4G and I was happy with that...but still even tho we can get rid of SOME stuff there's still all the crapware in this package. I am fairly geeky but no SW engineer. I see this mesage and think...it can't be this easy...Well it wasn't...for some reason I had to run the scripts twice...Oh what horrible hardship:) It's just amazing what people do on here for free. I am going to your website to see if you sell something I can buy. Thanks very much! D.

Meant to ask, can you put your website on here? I saw in script but too fast to register in my head. Don't see on OP. Thanks again.

jondevere

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
We all do work here for free. I myself enjoy troubleshooting and helping out others. I can only assume the same for everyone I know on AC. Giving thanks is always nice because once again.... All of this is done for free on our personal time. Thank you for recognizing this.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site

hehehe... thanks, but like Jon said above... I am just a guy doing this on my spare time, nothing commercial. I do this between my real job and my family (who often get neglected because of this, lol)

Meant to ask, can you put your website on here? I saw in script but too fast to register in my head. Don't see on OP. Thanks again.

My web site is http://www.scottcrosler.info Not much on there but a little info about the ROMS I make, etc. Not a commercial site or anything fancy. Just something I whipped up to detail my ROMS.

We all do work here for free. I myself enjoy troubleshooting and helping out others. I can only assume the same for everyone I know on AC. Giving thanks is always nice because once again.... All of this is done for free on our personal time. Thank you for recognizing this.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Yep, all is free, but you can donate to us if you like what we do ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: jondevere
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz