Picasa web albums dont work in Gallery

preViously

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
When I go to the Gallery app and choose Picasa Web Albums, it show my albums as thumbnails properly. When I choose any of the albums, the screen flickers black and white indefinitely, displaying te text "Loading Picasa web album photos...". Does anyone else here experience this issue? I took a video of this, albeit poor quality, and placed the link below. Ideas to fix this? I have rebooted. Thanks.

http://youtu.be/G8k3ykcunWQ

Last edited:

mehrvarz

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
I have two evo 3d's and i have the same issue with both. I called htc and they had no idea what i was talking about. I even did a hard rest of one phone and have a very clean setup and even though it worked for a day or two, the problem came right back. Very weird. I have over 300 albums, and htc cant even tell me if there is a limit on the phone.

Reactions: preViously

thomasanderson

Oct 31, 2009
Visit site
I posted about this issue on another forum about a week ago. I believe the second update from HTC broke the picasa web album feature, because it worked fine prior to then. I started with the flicker as well, so I went to manage apps and cleared the data, now my albums wont display at all. Guess Ill have to drop HTC an email as well. When I got no reply on the other forum I believed that this was specific to my device. Glad to see its a general glitch.

gmtom1

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Mine works, sort of. It says I don't have any albums to display, yet I have lots of albums, but none are public. Does this matter?

kcpowercat

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Mine doesn't sync but it appears to be because it's trying to find Picasa albums attached to the wrong google account (get a login failure for that account), even though I only have one google account set to sync Picasa web albums in the settings.

Led Zappa

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Same problem here :-( It was working before on one album. Now it's just flickering when viewing other albums.
I had same issue. Tried clearing data and now it says "The user has no albums to display". Tried a restart and it shut down and would not restart. Had to remove battery. Still stays on page saying "The user has no albums to display"

HELP! :'(

EDIT: I wonder if this all has something to do with the launch of Google+. Logging into my Picasa account on the web shows a new folder hooked to Google+ called Scrapbook.

lamonicaj

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I noticed that the only album I am able to view is the one I have marked private (locked). All others are public & are unable to be viewed. Has anyone noticed this difference?

biggbrother2

Sep 14, 2009
Visit site
I am still experiencing this issue on my Sensation. I e-mailed HTC and they had be perform a soft reset and that didn't fix it. They then had me boot into Safe Mode and that didn't fix it. So I e-mailed them again, and am still waiting for a response.

I still see the message "The user has no albums to display". Yet I login to Picasa Web Albums and I have dozens of albums.

Three weeks ago this worked fine, and always worked fine, on my Nexus One. :mad:

ryandroid

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I have the same issue. About 25 percent of my albums load fine....all of the others flash non-stop from white to black. It needs to get fixed.

blacksuntzu

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Had the same problem along with other issues. The only thing that fixed it was a refresh of the software on the phone.

Here is the link that where I stated what I did.

Hope this helps some of you. Have not had any problems since I did this...phone very smooth like it should be.

lamonicaj

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
When I go to the Gallery app and choose Picasa Web Albums, it show my albums as thumbnails properly. When I choose any of the albums, the screen flickers black and white indefinitely, displaying te text "Loading Picasa web album photos...". Does anyone else here experience this issue? I took a video of this, albeit poor quality, and placed the link below. Ideas to fix this? I have rebooted. Thanks.

Issue with Picasa & Evo 3D - YouTube

After the latest update, I am now able to view all of my Picasa Web Albums! :)