Angry Birds - moving data between phones?

hopefulfarm

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
So now that I have my new 3D, can I move my data from my 3 angry birds games over to my 3D from my 4G? I'd hate to lose all my levels I've cleared (3 stars) and have to start over at game one !!

help!

yanks4life

May 14, 2010
Visit site
So now that I have my new 3D, can I move my data from my 3 angry birds games over to my 3D from my 4G? I'd hate to lose all my levels I've cleared (3 stars) and have to start over at game one !!

help!
Yes you can, I didn't think it was possible until I did a little searching around the web. So go to the market and download AngryBirds backup by ANTBEE on your old phone, they have one for Seasons and Rio as well. Then open them up and click backup on your 4G, it will back up files in angrybirds directories to your SD card. Copy those directories to your new 3D phone and get those same 3 apps on your new phone. Here is the key, on the new phone you have to go into each of the 3 angry bird games and play just one board and complete it to activate scores in the phone, then once you do that load up those 3 apps and click restore and boom go back into your Angry Bird games and you will be right where you left off on the old 4G phone!!! It works awesome and your welcome!!

Reactions: hopefulfarm

jj14x

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Yes you can, I didn't think it was possible until I did a little searching around the web. So go to the market and download AngryBirds backup by ANTBEE on your old phone, they have one for Seasons and Rio as well. Then open them up and click backup on your 4G, it will back up files in angrybirds directories to your SD card. Copy those directories to your new 3D phone and get those same 3 apps on your new phone. Here is the key, on the new phone you have to go into each of the 3 angry bird games and play just one board and complete it to activate scores in the phone, then once you do that load up those 3 apps and click restore and boom go back into your Angry Bird games and you will be right where you left off on the old 4G phone!!! It works awesome and your welcome!!

Thanks! I wish there was a way to do this manually (without installing an app) - I'm sure it is basically copying the game progress files from the phone's internal memory to SD, and then copy from SD to SD on the new phone, and then, the app copies this data from SD on new phone to the new phone's internal memory.
If there was a way to do this manually (using file explorer or something like that), we could do this for other games too (like plants vs zombies etc)

Saneless

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the info on the app.. Still though, that's damn stupid. I don't know why developers don't write to the SD card in the first place. ESPECIALLY with games like Plants Vs Zombies. Once you beat it the data is 15MB! Jesus guys, put that on an SD card.

hopefulfarm

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site

You have to play a whole board to get it to work? Oy. Well, that's better than nothing. GTK!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC