Return EVO 3D because of defects?

ACM

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
I ordered my EVO 3D from the sprint website site, and right after activating it I noticed I had some problems.

Here are some picture of my problems.
(My first expensive smart phone, before this I had a Palm Centro for 3 years. I was hoping it to be nice but I have some defects)

Light bleeding through the capacitive buttons (home button is the only one with no bleed).
Light specks showing through bottom black bar.
Bottom light bleed from bezel.

DSCF2479.jpg

DSCF2478.jpg

DSCF2475.jpg

DSCF2474.jpg

Think I will be able to get a replacement?
I'm a Sprint Premier customer too if that helps any.

Thanks for the help.
-ACM

ACM

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: Return EVO 3D cause of defects?

Was wondering does anyone else have jaggies on the Apps,Phone,Setting bar.
It's not really smooth, kinda like it has no Anti Aliasing.

PM-Performance

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: Return EVO 3D cause of defects?

Was wondering does anyone else have jaggies on the Apps,Phone,Setting bar.
It's not really smooth, kinda like it has no Anti Aliasing.

I think its due to the resolution change and all the icons were likely not optimized to the new resolution.

Just my guess

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
No wonder these phones cost so much. The manufacturer has to eat a ton of them due to people complaing about a minute cosmetic ussue of light leakage. With all the technology and hardware that goes into the device and the fact its so not noticable just be happy you have a great phone.

Now if 3G fails, or a real problem persists then go for it.
Maybe its just me, but it seems more and more people are returning the devices for such non valid reasons.

This is probably why sprint instituted a one device return policy.

I had a launch day EVO 4G that lasted me 8 months, a used EPIC that lasted me till the EVO 3D came out. Launch Day 3D is an awesome phone.

ACM

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
No wonder these phones cost so much. The manufacturer has to eat a ton of them due to people complaing about a minute cosmetic ussue of light leakage. With all the technology and hardware that goes into the device and the fact its so not noticable just be happy you have a great phone.

Now if 3G fails, or a real problem persists then go for it.
Maybe its just me, but it seems more and more people are returning the devices for such non valid reasons.

This is probably why sprint instituted a one device return policy.

I had a launch day EVO 4G that lasted me 8 months, a used EPIC that lasted me till the EVO 3D came out. Launch Day 3D is an awesome phone.

Unlike you with yourself having so any nice phones before this is my only nice phone I have ever had so I'm a little mad that at night my buttons light all and shine through besides one that is just a normal looking button.

IDK if you see what I'm talking about but a $500.00 device should have quality and not skimp on it.

Fusion

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
I know what you're saying too tho. I had defects on mine where there was dust under the screen, the glue they used on the bezel between the screen was kinda broken and not smooth. I got a replacement and the replacement has a bad power button that don't work great, dust under the screen, and light leaking from one of the lower buttons lighting up when every other button's light is off. So I think if your phone works. I would try to look past those minor details. You might get one that is worst off than your first one.

Another thing I noticed too is on the inside of the phones look different. One was either made earlier or by different manufacturing plants.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I can understand if there is really something wrong, dead pixels, dust under the screen, camera with green tint, powering off. But minor light leakage as some call it. Its not an air tight seal. LOL or a light tight seal. And i was not point that at any one individual, was merely stating i have read a lot of people taking devices back for stuff like that.
In the grand scheme of things i wonder how many (percentage wise) are less manufacturer defects and more cosmetic / picky issues.

Everybody is different and everybody has different standards. I was just curious how much additional costs this adds to deviecs likes the EVO 3D. I am sure HTC learned from the EVO 4G with light leakage issues.

kevinmusai

May 29, 2013
Visit site
i had my evo 3d for a year now but before the evo i has an iphone 4s iphone is terrilbe but the evo is perfect its faster bigger than iphone and im pleased by evo 3d tank you htc

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae