Data issues in NYC?

budweiser

May 23, 2011
Visit site
How is everyones data been working today and in the past few days? It's been working crappy for me and by browsing around I see others are having similar problems too

Just links to threads regarding this
http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-evo-4g/100132-4g-service-not-working-brooklyn-ny-area.html
http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/309574?tstart=0

R2D2 631

May 16, 2010
Visit site
My signals sux with the 3d...I'm out on long island ..my evo 4g Neva had this issue ...and I hate typing on the 3d, the keyboard is small compared to the 4g..I mite just have 2 reactive and bring back to life the 4g again

ladyc0524

Trusted Member
Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
Add me to the list..I'm having data issues in Missouri..everything was fine this morning, but something went wrong this afternoon

budweiser

May 23, 2011
Visit site
My signals sux with the 3d...I'm out on long island ..my evo 4g Neva had this issue ...and I hate typing on the 3d, the keyboard is small compared to the 4g..I mite just have 2 reactive and bring back to life the 4g again

I doubt that'll work, gf got the 4G and she is having same problem.
According to one of those threads I posted a link too Epics are hurting too.
Anyone know anyone with a EVO Shift?

Also, I've noticed the YouTube app won't work anymore not on my 3D or gf's 4G, my (now-WiFi-only) 4G won't work either. And interestingly enough my friends Verizon Droid Charge is having same issues today too (bad 3G, bad 4G, and YouTube app work connect)

w0rryw0rt

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Great thread... I was gonna create one a few hours ago but (you guessed it!) my 4G was down.

I'm in New York City. It happened on Monday. Both 4G nd 3G were down. I called sprint and after several troubleshooting procedures, the rep just reset my phone. After that didn't work, she set an appt at my nearest sprint store, but I didn't go bcuz it was a little better the next day.

She claimed that there hadn't been any reported cases in my area, but all 5 of my family plan phones were having similar issues.

And now its happening again today... My thread was going to ask: is Sprint secretly limiting 4G use? Because my 3G is working fine, but 4G Ian giving me webpage errors.

budweiser

May 23, 2011
Visit site
And it's still happening... yesterday during the day for a little while 4G was down, today (since 10am at least) 4G is down, even though it's showing me the signal is 3 bars, in Coney Island and in Flatbush in Brooklyn.

3G works kinda crappy in Coney Island but is pretty good in Flatbush today.

This is getting a bit annoying already because I know it's not just my device

Update --> Ahh, good ol' Murphy's Law, less then 10 minutes after I made this post 4G is back up and I'm getting download between 5-6mbps... hope I don't jinx my self but watch I go out again as soon as I hit save

Last edited:

cj100570

Spoken Word?
Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, I'm having issues too. A call to Sprint got me a response about there not being any issues that they are aware of. The rep did something on her end and it got me back up on 4G but the speed sucks compared to the 10 megs I was getting last week. It barely hits 1 right now.

aoddead

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I work in an office on 36th and 7th on the 12th floor. I can't get a 4g signal up there. Its mindboggling. Its Manhattan for Christ sakes. On the street it will connect but its week and won't connect automatically.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary