Anyway to turn off the carrousel effect?

Beezzy

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Anyone know how to turn it off? It was nice for the first few days but the screen is so sensitive that I barely touch it and the screen spins like 3 times. I like that continuos between screens without having to go back but don't like the spinning effect. Thats honestly my only gripe with Sense 3.0, otherwise I love the phone.

Jeratain

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
The general consensus is "I wish I could turn it off." Without rooting, installing an alternative launcher, or an update from HTC, I don't believe there's any way to do this.

IcerC

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
it's crazy cause the sensation has the same carousel and does't spin near as easy.

I hope they fix that and add/remove # of pages.

For now I use laucherpro and it works perfectly.

jalbrant

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Go to settings, display, animation. Select some animations shown. This will keep the carousel but remove the annoying spin.

Beezzy

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Bzzt. . . . wrong answer!
Did you actually try this? Or just guess?

Yeah i tried even turning off all animations and it doesn't get rid of it. I just don't understand its purpose, its just takes longer to get to a screen if he spins like that for a few seconds.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

jalbrant

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Yeah i tried even turning off all animations and it doesn't get rid of it. I just don't understand its purpose, its just takes longer to get to a screen if he spins like that for a few seconds.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Made it a lot less sensitive on mine...

VickMackey#AC

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I don't know what you guys are doing but i can't get it to spin unless I really want it to. Why is it there? Because It's cool I guess. I mean why do people get third party launchers. Same reason. It's cool and different.

PM-Performance

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Mine is pretty sensative too. if im not paying attention it will fly. I dont see the purpose either, but sure its in the logic same as normal web scrolling. Both this and my 4G if I flicked a certain way would shoot to the end of the page fast.

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Mine's pretty sensitive. It's started spinning on its own without me trying to on a number of occasions.

It is a neat little effect, but I wish I could turn it off.

SirRob94

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I don't know what you guys are doing but i can't get it to spin unless I really want it to. Why is it there? Because It's cool I guess. I mean why do people get third party launchers. Same reason. It's cool and different.
I had already created a thread about this because I dislike it as well. Someone in that thread pointed out that swiping the entire screen causes the spin vs. Just half the screen. Seems to have helped me, but I still think the slot machine spin is pointless. It should be really difficult to spin it like that. I remember the second I got the phone thinking WTF? because I barely swiped and it spun out of control.

Last edited:

boriqua2000

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
I like this phone but it's just full of gimmicks and the carrusel is one of them. All they did is hurt the user experience with so many gimmicks.

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I actually like the carousel. All it takes is a slight flick to the left to get to my last screen instead of having to scroll all the way through all the screens. Having said that, there should be an option for people who don't like it to be able to disable it and include a setting to adjust the spin speed.

youngzayiles

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
I had already created a thread about this because I dislike it as well. Someone in that thread pointed out that swiping the entire screen causes the spin vs. Just half the screen. Seems to have helped me, but I still think the slot machine spin is pointless. It should be really difficult to spin it like that. I remember the second I got the phone thinking WTF? because I barely swiped and it spun out of control.

Yes it never happens to me because that is how I scroll... If you dont want your homescreens to spin follow ^ instructions... I was wondering why people were having that happen..

McPlot

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Full or really fast swipe across the screen, you get the spin. Slow or short swipe, the next page. Once you learn to use it, it is pretty cool.

Saneless

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Pretty sure we know how to do it or not do it.. just not 100% accurately since sometimes it happens regardless of how you think you're doing it.

The point is, other than aesthetics, there's no reason for it.

Makad

May 9, 2010
Visit site
Anyone know how to turn it off? It was nice for the first few days but the screen is so sensitive that I barely touch it and the screen spins like 3 times. I like that continuos between screens without having to go back but don't like the spinning effect. Thats honestly my only gripe with Sense 3.0, otherwise I love the phone.

I see no point in it spinning so fast, you can't do anything with it.

TrueDrooid

May 22, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like a lot of us are used to other devices such as the Evo4G and this carousel effect will just have to take some more time getting used to, as another user pointed out, Im sure another launcher or a rooting may lighten the issue a bit