Evo 3D vs Nexus S 4G

tyrelian

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
So I've had the 3d for a couple days and I very much enjoy it, I'm having second thoughts though. I'm at the mall thinking should I get the Nexus, I say that just because of the constant updates, durability, 3g tethering, that little Hummingbird in there, is as responsive as this dual core, I know both of these phones are great but which would you choose and why?

Sent from my Evo 3D!

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Why are you having second thoughts? Imho this is a fantastic phone...Sense, speed, 3D and all. The Nexus is probably great too, but as for me, I am very happy with my choice. I have no doubts. Just curious. :)

tyrelian

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
I walked out of radioshack, realizing that it's just a phone, I get so worked up over updates and software builds. I just wish were all on the same version, maybe I'm just very indecisive, but thanks for your help. Oh if anyone wants to add me in G+ my names Tyler Jones, im the black guy smiling

Sent from my Evo 3D!

Last edited:

tyrelian

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
I've owned the Evo 4G for a year,I love it, I am well versed in sense, I just wanted to know what the community thinks

Sent from my Evo 3D!

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Gotcha. I haven't tried the Nexus so can't comment on it. I do believe that for me the 3D is the best. Likely you will get others who feel differently. Ultimately the decision will be yours. Think on the bright side, what a great dilemma to be in! Choice is good. Best of luck to you :)

LuckyLucky

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Gotcha. I haven't tried the Nexus so can't comment on it. I do believe that for me the 3D is the best. Likely you will get others who feel differently. Ultimately the decision will be yours. Think on the bright side, what a great dilemma to be in! Choice is good. Best of luck to you :)

I have a similar thread floating around on here. You got the Nexus? How do you like it?

I'm so close to just switching to it. The one thing Android has done to me is made me somewhat of a spec lover. Even with it's somewhat outdated hardware, it's a really nice device.I can't help but to think how much ICS will improve it.

jalbrant

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
My wife has the Nexus S. She loves it. The screen is awesome and it feels great in the hand. It's a very impressive phone. Best part is it's not encumbered by all the extra Sprint software.

That being said, I don't regret upgrading from the 4G to 3D. Sense 3.0 is amazing. The 3D capability while gimicky is still cool.

As far as software updates go, the 3D isn't running the latest Android but that only means we're missing the Google Talk video chat.

Both phones are excellent, you'll be happy with either choice.

tyrelian

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
I have a similar thread floating around on here. You got the Nexus? How do you like it?

I'm so close to just switching to it. The one thing Android has done to me is made me somewhat of a spec lover. Even with it's somewhat outdated hardware, it's a really nice device.I can't help but to think how much ICS will improve it.

No I don't have it, but android has turned me into a spec guy, my background is in computer networking and one thing I know is software is king no matter how advanced the hardware is. This of course is my dilemma, I love the Evo 3D and all of its capabilities but and since its dual core the software can catch up and utilize these beastly cores. On the other hand I look at how the software has continually made the Nexus a beastly phone as well.

Sent from my Evo 3D!

mycrownvic02#WN

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
As soon as you start running a lot of applications, and multitasking, you will see the difference. The evo doesnt slow down under stress, the nexus does. also scrolling in the web browser is much smoother on the 3d. both phones have their advantages but when you use both after a while it becomes apparent that the 3 d is a smoother and more powerful device.

tyrelian

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
My wife has the Nexus S. She loves it. The screen is awesome and it feels great in the hand. It's a very impressive phone. Best part is it's not encumbered by all the extra Sprint software.

That being said, I don't regret upgrading from the 4G to 3D. Sense 3.0 is amazing. The 3D capability while gimicky is still cool.

As far as software updates go, the 3D isn't running the latest Android but that only means we're missing the Google Talk video chat.

Both phones are excellent, you'll be happy with either choice.

I like how you put that, that's really the only difference, thanks

Sent from my Evo 3D!

hgravez

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I had the nexus s for 2 weeks, and have now had the 3d for two weeks. I was/am torn. I returned the Nexus due to the signal difficulties. My probs were never terrible, but I felt that the low speeds I was getting and almost absent 4g connectivity (in an area with strong 4g coverage) meant that I should try something else. I'm very happy with the 3d. I'm getting much faster 3g and 4g speeds and the 4g and wifi connectivity are great. I do like sense, but don't like the bloatware. In my opinion, the 3d technology is kind of a gimmick -albeit a somewhat entertaining gimmick. I'm not particularly happy with the 2d camera images and I wish the phone didn't feel so big. I do like the screen on the Nexus a tad better, though the res on the 3d is great. Everything in the world comes with costs and benefits. I'm indecisive too, but believe I will stay with the 3d. I'm a bit scared off by samsung for a while as both phones I've bought from them have had fatal flaws.

robber

Oct 2, 2009
Visit site
I think that in a few months the nexus s will really start to seem old. Once the OS is optimized for dual core the power difference will really be huge. The nexus may be new to Sprint but it is as dated as the og EVO.

tyrelian

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
As soon as you start running a lot of applications, and multitasking, you will see the difference. The evo doesnt slow down under stress, the nexus does. also scrolling in the web browser is much smoother on the 3d. both phones have their advantages but when you use both after a while it becomes apparent that the 3 d is a smoother and more powerful device.
thanks man, I should give it a chance and your post makes perfect sense, no pun intended

tyrelian

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
I think that in a few months the nexus s will really start to seem old. Once the OS is optimized for dual core the power difference will really be huge. The nexus may be new to Sprint but it is as dated as the og EVO.
right,right, I wonder how much I could get for both of my evo 4g's

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
Both are great phones and have unique offerings. Its great for Sprint users that we have such quality choices. And the selection is continually getting better. Love my Nexus S but I'm sure I would like the EVO 3D if I owned one.

mycrownvic02#WN

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site

The hardware is certainly older, but the nexus trumps the og evo.. Maybe im just used to the higher end devices, but the evo is slow imo. Even my moms inspire on att that I talked her into getting is significantly faster than the evo.. The og snapdragon is just outdated in general. The humming bird is a beast!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer