Should I move apps to SD?

64fairlane

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
On my old device (Optimus S) I had to move every possible app to the SD card because of lack of internal storage space.
With the EVO 3D, I have plenty of internal storage space for all of my apps, and am wondering if there is any reason to move my apps to SD?

Thanks for your insight.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
On my old device (Optimus S) I had to move every possible app to the SD card because of lack of internal storage space.
With the EVO 3D, I have plenty of internal storage space for all of my apps, and am wondering if there is any reason to move my apps to SD?

Thanks for your insight.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

I dont see a reason. IT has a gig of usable internal space compared to the Optimus having about 140 megs of usable internal space. Huge diff.

McPlot

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Yes, most apps you would not know the difference. Since there are some apps that you cannot move to the SD card or do not work right if you do, move all you can.

Saneless

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Internal is faster than external. Keep it internal until you're running out, which you probably won't. If anything it's a waste of time to move it right now. I've installed everything I can think of and I still have 250MB free, which is 100 more than I had to start with on my Nexus One. And nothing is on my SD unless the game specifically moved it there (like Gameloft).

Also, if you ever swap or need to change your SD card for whatever reason, you won't have to worry about your apps you moved to SD being missing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34