Camera easily scratchable?

bjones521

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I have the EVO 4g and my camera looks like crap on the back but I don't have a cover. I just have a holster for my hip from Seidio. I was wondering....Is the 3d screen as easily scratchable as the 4g?

cwilson617

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I had an OG Evo before my Evo 3d, and haven't had any scratches. I usually carry them in a skin, or naked in my pocket when I'm at work. Never put anything in your pocket with it. Not anything, ever.

aznmode

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I dont use a case on mine and neither the front or the camera lens have any scratches and I always have it laying face up every time its out of my pocket. So I don't think it can be easily scratched. If i'm not mistaken the OG Evo camera lens is of lesser quality than the 3d. But even after owning the 4g for a year with some very very light scratches (not visible unless you really look) it still took great pics. So I'm not too concerned with the rear lens of the 3d unless it cracks.

TrueDrooid

May 22, 2010
Visit site
upon visually seeing the lenses on the back after purchasing & seeing how much it protruded out, I knew this was going to be a problem. This along with the jiggle action of the camera buttons are the only physical flaws I have noticed with this phone. This happened somehow while I had it in my pocket with the case on it.

I'll attach a photo. I have insurance ,wonder if Sprint would replace for me for FREEtos?

here's the pic
IMAG1108.jpg

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
That's why I use this case. Adds just about no bulk and does not alter the look of the phone at all from the front. The back as you can see is different. This is like a hard rubber and the lens are perfectly protected.

EVO - LUTION 3D

TrueDrooid

May 22, 2010
Visit site
its the dang on keys in the pocket, gonna be the death of any of these lenses. But zmann thats exactly why i just returned that case that I got from BestBuy and cited the damage to my phone because of it, LOL.

Desean1

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
i feel the raised edge by the flash, but is it really a protected lens and is it easily replaceable? or is it just part of the design?

Hmm I'm not too sure my guess it's to protect the lens from keys, sharp objects, etc

trance728

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I was worried about this too and went out and bought the Otterbox defender case but that thing was huge. I returned it and got the Otterbox commuter and its much smaller and still protects the camera a bit, atleast from setting it down on anything since the case is raised. Still wont help you from the keys in the pcoket, but then again I never have anything else in my pocket with my phone.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I have the Otter Box Defender case. This case has a lens protector! If you are worried about it and dont wanna deal with it and if the bulk isn't an issue you may wanna invest the $50 for one. For the money you paid for your device always better safe then sorry!

PS. It also comes with a build in screen protector. Its a very nice case + holster combo!

Rugged EVO 3D Cases, EVO 3D Defender Series Case // OtterBox.com

Check it out. Best Buy also carries them!

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Is the camera lens plastic or glass (Gorilla)? Now that its been out a while, is it easily scratch-able?

I myself have casemate "barely there case" it adds just about no bulk, does not change the nice shape and contours of the device at all, appears to look like its is case less, and protects the camera lens. If you want protection without changing the looks or feel of this beautiful device then This is the case.

EVO-LUTION 3D

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Just ordered my mugen extended battery. Oh, fyi to all the seidio fans. The thin, no bulk added seidio extended battery for evo 3d is 1900,,,,,, the mugen is 1950. Don't talk to me about quality because i have been using mugen for 4 years now and it's top notch!
Sorry, wrong thread by mistake
EVO-LUTION 3D

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
batsam