Bluetooth call quality issues? What bluetooth are you using?

accordngs

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I have the blueant T1 bluetooth ear piece. From my end everything sounds good and normal. However, almost everyone I speak to on the other end tells me they can't understand me and that I keep cutting in and out. When I put the phone in speaker mode they then say they can hear me fine.

So deductive reasoning tells me its the bluetooth ear piece.

Is anyone else having this issue? Does anyone here have a good bluetooth they are using that doesn't have any issues. I've bought 3 different Jawbones and 1 blueant for a grand total of nearly $400 on just bluetooths....craziness!

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I have a car kit, Parrot CK3100 and its working great.
I also have a Motorola H15, H17 and H680 and they all work fine as well.
I tried a BlueAnt once and was not thrilled with its performance.

I also have a Stereo Motorola S305 that i use to listen to music with at work and had 1 call with it and no issue.

Need to try out my T505 mobile speaker phone in the truck. I use that for my iPhone while my Parrot connects to the EVO 3D.

jfstx1

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
I use my T1 as well. Works great with the 3vo but can't get it to update to firmware 1.5. Tech support sent it to me via email within the hour. but must be something wrong. it doesn't do the update. So I'm awaiting a reply from them now.

cfclay

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
My callers and telling me the exact same thing. I've used a Jawbone Icon with my Evo 4g for 18 months of hard everyday use of about 4-6 hours each day. I trade phones occasionally and I had a Samsung Nexus for awhile and when I updated the jawbone software on it- it solved the problem...then I went back to the EVO 4g (because the had that 8/11 maintenance release) and now callers tell me the same thing occurs again.

I can talk an hour and no problems... then call another person and the call quality ON THEIR END can go wildly inadequate.

Any help from anyone? I've called Jawbone; I don't care to buy another- but I think it's the software on the phone- just can't pin it down.

Last edited:

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
So same phone and headset, call for an hour is good. hang up and make another call and it has issues.
That would make me think system, network or issue on the callers end.

I my self use a Parrott CK3100 in my truck and with my EVO 4G, EPIC, and now EVO 3D no issues.
Test this out, if your on a call and its working great, then the next call sucks, unpair the device and use the phone, see if the call quality is any better. If its not then you know its not on your end. If it is then your right, jawbone needs a better handshake with the phone.

cornell2

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I have the blueant T1 bluetooth ear piece. From my end everything sounds good and normal. However, almost everyone I speak to on the other end tells me they can't understand me and that I keep cutting in and out. When I put the phone in speaker mode they then say they can hear me fine.

So deductive reasoning tells me its the bluetooth ear piece.

Is anyone else having this issue? Does anyone here have a good bluetooth they are using that doesn't have any issues. I've bought 3 different Jawbones and 1 blueant for a grand total of nearly $400 on just bluetooths....craziness!

I have been having this issue with my Motorola Droid since day-one (and I have had the good fortune to be able to try several new droids, to verify the problem). Also, I have tried more than 6 different bluetooth devices ... they all exhibit the exact same behavior you are describing: ie. While I hear pretty good sound/call quality 95% of the time, the recipient always complains about 'static' or 'choppy' sound. I often have tested and verified this by leaving myself voice messages using different bluetooth device. It's awful. I cannot understand the message I just left in my own voice - from a quiet room.

I have complained to verizon (where I got my phone) and of course - before abdicating to motorola - customer support cycles through 20 different reasons why it is my fault ('is your phone within 3 micrometers from the headset?" "is the phone perfectly orthogonal to the headset?" "have you gone to an ENT or internist to make sure your voice isn't actually choppy?" "perhaps your body is giving off interfering magnetic interference - do you have any metal plates installed in your head?").

After ruling out everything, my conclusion is that Droid was just badly designed when it comes to bluetooth. I was hoping however someone might come up with either a solution or workaround. Coming to these boards, I am not seeing any workarounds, but I guess I can take some comfort in knowing I am not alone in experiencing this problem.

syphex

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I've been using a Jawbone Icon since I got the 3d and haven't had any issues as far as I know. I'm currently on a custom rom but I was on the stock rom even after the latest update with out any issues.