New To Android - Couple Questions

lfnsr

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Hi all,

I just moved to Android and the E3D on Sunday from the BB Tour. Love the device so far, but have a couple quick questions. I tried looking in other threads but couldn't find anything on it. First, I installed Go SMS Pro and I am not receiving text msgs in the application. Texts coming to me only go to my Google Voice app. I can sent a text out of GO SMS but not receive them. I have checked settings for both GO SMS and the stock Messages app. Any ideas?

Second, is there are setting in the Google Mail and Mail app that lets you delete an email just on the handheld and not both the handheld and the mailbox server. Coming from BB you have the option to delete from the handheld or both.

Thanks so much for the help. This site is amazing and I have learned the basics and found answers to other questions I have being new to Android. :)

Saneless

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
First off, if you don't want messages to go through Google Voice, you're going to need to log in to GV and deselect the Sprint/full integration. When you set up GV again, skip the first step and just install it the "normal" way. Personally I've yet to find an advantage to doing the full integration/port to GV.

Secondly, the reason you're deleting it in "both" places is because unlike the BB you're not really downloading messages to your device, you're viewing it on the server in the first place, so there really is no both, just a different interface to the server (desktop, handheld). I'm sure you could try some other program like K9 that might download them locally, but I don't see the advantage of getting rid of messages unless you're OCD.

The best thing to do is just use it and stop trying to do a 1:1 translation of BB functions. 1, there might not be one. 2, there's a lot more you can do with Android so no reason to limit yourself into an old way of thinking.

Reactions: lfnsr

lfnsr

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the information. Appreciate the suggestions. I am trying to get away from my BB way of doing things as I was on BB for over five years. Need to re-train to an Android way of thinking.

lfnsr

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
FYI...I did what you said in GV and my issue with receiving texts in GO SMS is now fixed. Thanks again for your help. I spent 2 hours last night trying to figure it out and finally gave up. :)

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
You have not only come to the right place to find some excellent Android help, but now we can also help and be your new support group for leaving the BB world. Welcome to Android. Welcome to the Brotherhood that is known as Android. LOL

sorry couldnt resist. Seems more people are going that way.

Reactions: lfnsr

lfnsr

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
You have not only come to the right place to find some excellent Android help, but now we can also help and be your new support group for leaving the BB world. Welcome to Android. Welcome to the Brotherhood that is known as Android. LOL

sorry couldnt resist. Seems more people are going that way.
Amen to that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12