Slow 3G Fix!

planet_x

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
i would say if you are new to sprint you would default to automatic. if you came from another phone or existing account your data profile may have carried that over and simple update either by sprint or yourself would set the default back to automatic.

my 2c

irock1985

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
i would say if you are new to sprint you would default to automatic. if you came from another phone or existing account your data profile may have carried that over and simple update either by sprint or yourself would set the default back to automatic.

my 2c

I updated profile many times as well as resetting data profile from the EPST menu as we as calling sprint to have them reset me... None of this reset me to automatic

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I updated profile many times as well as resetting data profile from the EPST menu as we as calling sprint to have them reset me... None of this reset me to automatic

I'm new to Sprint and was experiencing very slow 3G speeds. Checked and it was set to automatic. I got an AIRAVE from Sprint for free and my 3G speeds not only drastically increased in my house but now I'm able to pull around 1-2mbps down when in good range of the cell site.

nkd

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I am kinda over these threads. yes it could be automatic or not. I drive through three cities on my way to college, living in so cal you know how it is, but still, with in that 20 mile radius, I get speeds from 300kb all the way up to 2.5mb, yes it is the network. If it was the phone it would not be hitting different speeds in different locations. The network might just suck in your location. At home I range from .75 mb to 1.5mb, Yes sometimes during the day I get .4 or .5.

as I was typing this I hit 1.39 and 1.62 download on 3g, I wouldn't be surprised if they go down dramatically in a few hours.

VickMackey#AC

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
It IS the network. Watch any Phonedog video and you'll see that Sprint speeds are abysmal. Here in Philly, I can't get over 300kbps recently, it's truly dreadful. If Sprint wants to lure ATT and Especially TMobile customers, these data speed issues need to be rectified as soon as possible.

nkd

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm new to Sprint and was experiencing very slow 3G speeds. Checked and it was set to automatic. I got an AIRAVE from Sprint for free and my 3G speeds not only drastically increased in my house but now I'm able to pull around 1-2mbps down when in good range of the cell site.

I thought airwave just uses your router that has to have vpn endpoint capability. So yes it routes your calls and improves them, but 3g speeds are still being routed through your router, I honestly have no idea what relation airwave has to increase in 3g speeds being conected else where to a cell site. I have seen all kinds of good and bad 3g speeds. It varies by time and place.

irock1985

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
It IS the network. Watch any Phonedog video and you'll see that Sprint speeds are abysmal. Here in Philly, I can't get over 300kbps recently, it's truly dreadful. If Sprint wants to lure ATT and Especially TMobile customers, these data speed issues need to be rectified as soon as possible.

Yea Sprint needs to step up their coverage ASAP. I get maybe 500-700 kb @ home(when off of my Airave) While moms sidekick 4G gets between 6-7 MB down...

The good thing is if you haven't heard that they are rolling in some of the nextel spectrum later this year so things should start picking up then... Oh and if you didn't know that the 3VO is the first phone from sprint capable of using this new spectrum once it is up and running

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles