Google Voice taking over my phone!

Bigfire

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I think this has been discussed on other new devices, but wanted to see what people on the Evo3d have noticed, or if anyone figured out a fix. It seems the GV integration has gone too far, as it takes over text messaging service and I noticed last night, whenever I receive a call, I get a voice prompt after opening the call! It doesn't indicate GV, but says 'you have a call from ______ press 1 to accept' and I'm thinking, if I didn't want to accept it, I would've used my menu to ignore the call! WTF

So I found I could disjoint the texting issue by not synching the GV inbox on the app, but am still getting that voice prompt. I selected normal set up when going thru GV app initializing, so I would've thought that would keep it from using my GV account to send/receive calls, but apparently I was wrong?

newboyx

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Oops to slow...

Using your desktop computer, go to google voice > voice settings >calls>call screening >uncheck the options for call screening.

Last edited:

enthuz

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
I like the screening, except when my phone is locked. I have to unlock the phone, bring up the dial-pad to select 1. If I'm not quick enough, I miss the call.

Bigfire

May 13, 2010
Visit site
yeah that's the exact reason, I can screen the calls just fine on my own. Thanks folks, this is why forums rock! (In a geeky, watch out for the trolls, type of way)