Data or 3g problems. Heres the Fix. Works like heaven!

eddyknights

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
People having data connection issues: go to your dialer, enter ##3282#, select view mode, EVDO, and if Preferred Mode is not set to automatic, it was sent out with the wrong preference. Call Sprint to get your MSL code and do the same but select edit mode vs select mode, follow the same path to be able to change the selection.

Some have reported their unit with CDMA Only out of the box, and thinking many are having inconsistent data because of that.

Did this fix and perfect your phone will zip at 3g

nkd

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I have been on auto by default. I average 1-1.5 sometimes .8. If I am in a bad coverage area then .5 or lower. Last night I was hitting 2mb on 3g at home around 10-11

nkd

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
LOL I have my msl for a while now, so just for the kicks of it I switched mine to cdma only, and I was getting speeds of .11 lol. That is terrible. I switched it back to auto and restarted almost hit .9, .96 and 1.6 in three tries.

jscarano

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
People having data connection issues: go to your dialer, enter ##3282#, select view mode, EVDO, and if Preferred Mode is not set to automatic, it was sent out with the wrong preference. Call Sprint to get your MSL code and do the same but select edit mode vs select mode, follow the same path to be able to change the selection.

Some have reported their unit with CDMA Only out of the box, and thinking many are having inconsistent data because of that.

Did this fix and perfect your phone will zip at 3g

Mine is on automatic by default and it is still slow as hell in 3g areas.

XxViperNYCxX

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I did this and no luck. Im in a roaming zone, up untill two days ago it worked great still, then now it seems like I dont have a 3G download. I do see the 3G sign and the up arrow flasshing but no down arrow. It also shows full bars. What gives? I tried Roam Control and doesnt seem to make a difference.

I receive calls, text, pictures and GPS signal no problem.

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I did this and no luck. Im in a roaming zone, up untill two days ago it worked great still, then now it seems like I dont have a 3G download. I do see the 3G sign and the up arrow flasshing but no down arrow. It also shows full bars. What gives? I tried Roam Control and doesnt seem to make a difference.

I receive calls, text, pictures and GPS signal no problem.

get speed test to test your 3G speeds.

I live in Brooklyn,not far from Coney Island.
after running 4 tests, I get about 18xx-21xx up and 5xx-8xx down in 3G.

give me the results and maybe we can figure out something afterward.

XxViperNYCxX

May 9, 2011
Visit site
get speed test to test your 3G speeds.

I live in Brooklyn,not far from Coney Island.
after running 4 tests, I get about 18xx-21xx up and 5xx-8xx down in 3G.

give me the results and maybe we can figure out something afterward.

Cant do a speedtest at the time because it seems the network is not giving me back a data signal, the upload 3G arrow flashes but no download arrow on top of the screen. Tried to do the Profile Update and the PRL and no luck (which is what the sprint tech told me to do). Phone calls and all are great, just no data. Two days ago it was all good and im in the same location.

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
So you're in the NYC area and it is like you are stuck on roaming? Crazy.

Sounds like you need to return your phone for a replacement. You should be getting a great signal. This is not normal.

sent with lazer beams using my EVO3D

XxViperNYCxX

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Nah i wish, Brooklyn is home but im statione elsewere now. I was having good signal and speed and then this issue happened from before yesterday on. Since I last wrote I was able to get data for a few minutes out of luck and even did the hotspot to my xoom. I dont get it, it does have full bars most of the time.

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
if you are not home then you may be roaming. if you are roaming, then you wont have data if I'm not mistaken. could this be your problem....roaming?

XxViperNYCxX

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I travel a bit to many states and even when roaming ive always had the full features (internet, navigation, maps, hotspot, ect..). Im in Minot ND right now and been here a few months withought issue untill now.

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
maps, navigation, and such use your GPS radio, not your 3G radio.
internet is another story. try to update your PRL. this may give your phone a new set of towers to roam on.

if this doesn't work, then it might be time to call Sprint's tech suport.

alphalog80

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same problems that Viper is having. For me I'm pretty sure it is tied directly to roaming because the building I work in seems to do a very good job of blocking out Sprint's signals but seems to not have the same effect on Verizon's. When I first got the phone I started using Roam Control to keep my phone on roaming so as not to lose the good data connection. It worked fine for the first week or so. Now I end up getting the same problem of either 3g not showing up at all or only getting the arrow pointing upward, but not downward (indicating that I'm receiving data).

The other thing I've noticed is that my phone seems to be changing my roaming settings from "Automatic" to "Sprint Only". I'll go in and change it, but the options keeps getting switched back somehow.

So confused. Either way, when I am getting a Sprint signal everything seems to work fine.

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
alpha, I'm sure both of you are having problems with roaming. I also wouldn't be suprised if your problem has something to do with sprint not wanting you to roam too much and somehow changes your settings.