Camera lens screen protector built in!

anon(285475)

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
A lot of people on this forum have had questions about the camera lens. We don't know what the material of the lens is made out of, etc. Well I can now tell everyone that the camera lens has a built in screen protector from the factory. I know this because mine started to come off. Seems like its a thin hard plastic coating, not like an Invisishield but more like a coating that can chip away from the glass surface underneath. I can feel a definite difference in the texture from the area that's chipped away right above the flash. Does anyone else have this problem? I wonder if I should exchange it for another one.

cj100570

Spoken Word?
Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
A lot of people on this forum have had questions about the camera lens. We don't know what the material of the lens is made out of, etc. Well I can now tell everyone that the camera lens has a built in screen protector from the factory. I know this because mine started to come off. Seems like its a thin hard plastic coating, not like an Invisishield but more like a coating that can chip away from the glass surface underneath. I can feel a definite difference in the texture from the area that's chipped away right above the flash. Does anyone else have this problem? I wonder if I should exchange it for another one.

You should definitely exchange it.

tkemack

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
You sure you're not seeing the film that protects it during shipping, like that was on the front screen and say, watches when you buy a new one?

sent to you in three dimensions

anon(285475)

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
You sure you're not seeing the film that protects it during shipping, like that was on the front screen and say, watches when you buy a new one?

sent to you in three dimensions

yes I'm sure. Like I said it's not a film, more of a hard coat that is chipping. It doesn't ship with a film on it anyways, just in a plastic sleeve

sundevil98

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
You can feel there's some sort of coating or something on the camera lens area if you run your finger over the LED flash area.

If it's coming off, I'd take it in to have it replaced/fixed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz