Indicator light...why prioritize charge?

preViously

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
The indicator light on the Evo 3D prioritizes charging vs notifications. This bothers me because I charge my phone at work and cannot tell if I have any notifications unless I unlock the phone. Does anyone else share my view or is there a way to show notifications while charging? Maybe an enhancement request is in order. Thanks

Reactions: gimme5#AC

mwalt2

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I wish it would flash longer than 5 minutes. It's dumb to have a notification light that stops flashing before you even check the notification. I've tried several of the led control apps, but none seem to work 100% with the evo 3d.

dtblair24

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
This has always bothered me since my EVO 4G days until we were able to take advantage of that other light with apps or different ROMS. really wish HTC would give us some more control over those sorts of things.

LilTmac2003

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I agree. I think that the users should have a lot more control over the indicator light. By control, I mean the timing of the light, notifications vs. charging, and if it's possible, a color change. Maybe a different color for type of notification.

Do you have to unlock your phone though, completely to see what notifications you have? Or just turning the screen on and looking at the bar up top to see what you've got?

Corrosive

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
I agree with you and everyone else, the light should still flash even when plugged in. Even if it only flashes red, the fact that it would flash would make all the difference.

huskers15

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
With the evo 4g being rooted and using cm7 they were able to use the 4g status light for notifications. Ill see if we can do it without being rooted.

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Don't expect much. Multiple people, myself included, have requested this to change since the first days of the EVO 4G. That's why there was an unofficial app made to blink the WiMax light on the EVO 4G. I just take solace in the fact that at least HTC includes the LED unlike Samsung who apparently hates including them.

basegod

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Its a bit agrivating when you came from a Pre.

Agreed. I've heard the the blinking stops after 10 mins to conserve battery yet when the battery is low (I think below %15) the low battery notification light will blink until the battery is dead. This makes no sense.

Also, I could see the Pre's notification light from across a very large room. When the EVO 3D is on its back the blinking light can still be pretty difficult to see.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36