Returned my 3D yesterday

terr#WN

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Well I pulled the trigger and returned my 3D yesterday. I know a lot of people said they would if they were not unlocked before the 30 days was up. Just wondering how many others are actually going to follow through with it. I will say overall I liked my og EVO better. I can say the 3d aspect of this phone was better than I had expected. I just hate the overlays the manufactures put on phones. I need my phone to be unlocked so I can run it the way I want to. I think they will come out with an unlock but I drew the line and held to it. Looking forward to the Samsung Galaxy S II.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Re: Returned

Sorry to hear that Terr!

I just got mine and I love it. Coming from WebOS (unlocked) it is annoying at times. I still think at some point and time they will unlock the phone. I am willing to wait. HTC makes great hardware. I am enjoying my time with Android because of HTC. I hope the Galaxy SII comes soon and works out for you!

cheechmo

May 9, 2011
Visit site

They already announced that they will be unlocking it. Pretty sure it was sometime in September that it will be rolling out. Has anybody actually announced a GS2 phone in the US?

terr#WN

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site

No the phone has not been officially announced but I am fairly comfortable waiting for it. The 3D was a good phone but after using it for nearly a month I really wanted to get back to basic software. I hate sense. OG EVO has a lot of life left in it for me. I know they have announced it, I think the unlock will come. I just wish they had moved a little faster. They left the public in the dark way to long on this with canned answers. I may be one person but I am going to do what I think is right. It may not matter to them but they will not be rewarded with my little bit of money for it. Everyone has a choice and I choose to try and do business with companies I think are working to keep customers happy rather than just make a dollar. The flip side of all of it is I think NFC will be something I will get more use out of than the 3D.

vanjangles

May 25, 2011
Visit site

Unfortunatley you should have just waited a little bit longer. AlphaRev has got S-Off for the Sensation and they say it should work for the Evo3D. Hopefully they will release it it the next week or two.

aznmode

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm on the fence and was looking forward to SGS2 but I'm also thinking that once we get root it'll be a beast of a phone. It kind of a tough decision for me since keeping the 3d will not allow me to do another upgrade for 2 years. 3 days left to decide.

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Well I pulled the trigger and returned my 3D yesterday. I know a lot of people said they would if they were not unlocked before the 30 days was up. Just wondering how many others are actually going to follow through with it. I will say overall I liked my og EVO better. I can say the 3d aspect of this phone was better than I had expected. I just hate the overlays the manufactures put on phones. I need my phone to be unlocked so I can run it the way I want to. I think they will come out with an unlock but I drew the line and held to it. Looking forward to the Samsung Galaxy S II.
Just so you know alpharev has unlocked this phone and announced it yesterday.

Just sayin...

wburbage

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
I returned my EVO 3D over the weekend as well. It wasn't to make a stand against the locked bootloader but because I was have signal issues. It's a shame because I really did like that phone.

Bigfire

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Those trying to wait for the GS2, don't forget Samsung's terrible reputation with releasing updates. Whether it's new Android updates or fixes for bugs, Samsung is not good with keeping up on their devices. HTC on the other hand has been pretty reliable in getting new OS pushed and fixes out. I agree that the GS2 seems enticing, but between the poor update release reputation, and the typically cheap hardware, I think HTC has somewhat separated themselves in the smartphone game.

Also really baffled on the comments about disliking Sense. It has the most user-driven options of any out of the box UI. Good for you in exercising your 30 day return rights, but you'll likely find the other releases coming up to be disappointing in comparison.

youngzayiles

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Those trying to wait for the GS2, don't forget Samsung's terrible reputation with releasing updates. Whether it's new Android updates or fixes for bugs, Samsung is not good with keeping up on their devices. HTC on the other hand has been pretty reliable in getting new OS pushed and fixes out. I agree that the GS2 seems enticing, but between the poor update release reputation, and the typically cheap hardware, I think HTC has somewhat separated themselves in the smartphone game.

Also really baffled on the comments about disliking Sense. It has the most user-driven options of any out of the box UI. Good for you in exercising your 30 day return rights, but you'll likely find the other releases coming up to be disappointing in comparison.

They will learn... They will learn lol... The epic still doesnt have gingerbread. Also I still dont understand all the people that complain about sense.. If you dont like it dont buy htc.. You know what your getting.. Get a nexus! Why even make a comment about the locked bootloaders it has been anounced on every tech site that they will do the sensation and evo 3d in August.

monkeyzero

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
So the op returned the phone because he couldn't wait for an unlocked bootloader, to wait for a phone that's not out, while using a phone he or she claims to like but claims to hate in another sentence? I'm confused.

I get that you can ROM the evo4G, therefore you can go aosp or whatever you want, all good, but to return a phone that will be unlocked for a phone you can't even purchase yet? Seems odd.
Although I guess its a hit or miss decision if you don't want the 30 day return to expire.
Good luck?
None of this is meant as offensive, just thinking out loud.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Brianadfl

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
i saw the gs2 on twit on the android show, i wasn't impressed. i had an epic, and changed because my wife had an Evo 4g and i never used the slideout. now after having the evo 3d im glad i got away from the epic. ever since the froyo update it wasnt the same. touchwiz i thought was good coming from a pre, but when i got my 3d i was amazed at how much better the ui is. they say the gs2 will have the new touchwiz but from what i saw it looked the same, give or take a few widgets. id take sense over that any day. and with the history that so many ppl say about updates(which was so aggravating) and the updates that htc had(im ready for my ICS) im sticking with HTC. my opinion though no offense. :D

Last edited:

Daedalus

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
I have the 3D and went to it from the Vibrant and I will say that the SGS2 looks enticing I am going to stay with the 3D.

Do not get me wrong the for the most Part the Vibrant was a hell of a phone but after going through 4 of them over the GPS issue and that never working right and then the turn around time for software patches and updates I will not go back. I am more then willing to wait for a unlocked bootloader and Custom ROMs.

People have stated that they are going to go where the Company is going to make the Customer Happy, with that being said I was only ever happy about 60% of the time. And for being happy with the EVO 3D I have been happy 100% of the time to the point that I got my GF one and this is only going to get better

ZDriver

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site

Its all about exynos, and I wont be relying on Samsung for updates, will be rocking Cyanogen Mod.

Reactions: crzycrkr

DubV

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Sorry to say it but I just tried to return my too. Its a nice phone. However, I did have 3G and GPS issues. Evo4G just felt more solid.
RadioShack wouldn't give me any money back though... They bought my 4G for $148 and I payed with the $50 preorder gift card. They said those were nonrefundable.
Does anyone know if this is correct???

catpunt

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
i came from an og evo with cm 7.1 and i really really like the evo 3d. other than sense (which i hate), everything works great, none of this 30fps cap bull, games play amazingly, battery life is better than any android phone i've had, and you can even uninstall bloatware. if you're worried about s-off and dev support, every evo hacker i can think of over on xda and twitter got an evo 3d (shinzul, toast, myn, spiicytuna, etc.) the unrevoked team already achieved s-off and it will be public very soon. the e3d was overclocked way sooner than the og evo, and with a way bigger jump in speed. i think the evo 3d will get as much dev support or more than the original evo and we will see cm7 on it before the end of the year. the only other phone i would consider is nexus 3 but that's still in rumor phase. wrt the sgs2 can you really go back to wvga from qhd? when i look at og evo screens now they look magnified and cartoony. qhd is a must

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox