swiftkey x is free today on amazon appstore

Dark Wizard Matoya

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded as soon as I woke up this morning...

Thing is, over 4G, the language modules wont download for me so I can't get past the damn set-up screen...

Especially over 3G, it's being terribly slow. Then it just says "Language module download failed"

EDIT: It finally worked over 4G. I had to tap download like 5 times after it failed.....

The Swiftkey team just tweeted that the language pack download problem is now fixed, so if anyone who wasn't able to download it before should go try again now and see if it works.

Reactions: svargas05

ncfanboy

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
thanks for the heads up downloaded and I have to admit the auto correct is very good. It will take a bit of time to get used to it after using the stock HTC keyboard but it certainly looks great.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
The Swiftkey team just tweeted that the language pack download problem is now fixed, so if anyone who wasn't able to download it before should go try again now and see if it works.

Good to know it wasn't just me - took about 7 tries to download the English pack.

thanks for the heads up downloaded and I have to admit the auto correct is very good. It will take a bit of time to get used to it after using the stock HTC keyboard but it certainly looks great.

I love the auto-correct/word suggestions on this keyboard! Especially when it gives me words to insert after the word I just typed. Very cool.

rahrah12

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
For whatever reason my phone automatically switched back to the stock keyboard and I can't get it to use the Swiftkey X...well I liked it for the 5 mins that I used it...

evo4gMN

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
For whatever reason my phone automatically switched back to the stock keyboard and I can't get it to use the Swiftkey X...well I liked it for the 5 mins that I used it...
This happened to me too everytime i restarted my phone. You need to go back into your Swiftkey settings and re-enable it. I found it stopped doing this when i moved it back from my SD card to the phone. It might be an issue with it being on the SD card

rahrah12

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
This happened to me too everytime i restarted my phone. You need to go back into your Swiftkey settings and re-enable it. I found it stopped doing this when i moved it back from my SD card to the phone. It might be an issue with it being on the SD card
Not on the SD card...nothing I do gets it to come back up...thanks for the reply though

Degausser

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Am I the only one who still uses the old "phone" keyboard? I feel so slow on SwiftKey x. The predictions are the amazing though. I'll miss the amusing typos. ha.
This will take some getting used to...

rahrah12

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Am I the only one who still uses the old "phone" keyboard? I feel so slow on SwiftKey x. The predictions are the amazing though. I'll miss the amusing typos. ha.
This will take some getting used to...

I had to go to a screen where the keyboard pops up, press and hold, and change the input back to swiftkey. Don't know why it switched back to the original but seems to be working fine for the moment.

enthuz

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded it and forgot to set it up. I'm doing it now. I have read so many good reviews on this from many sites, so I was pleased to see it was the App of the Day when I woke up this morning.

Udate: After only a few minutes playing with it...I'm loving this over the stock. I still have my BB for work, but I hate using it more everyday I learn what my 3VO offers.

Last edited:

jj14x

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site

Must be like the application icons not showing up correctly (for the apps on SD) after reboot!

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded it, and it seems pretty good. I'm gonna make sure my wife installs it. We're both new android users coming from phones with physical keyboards. I've transitioned pretty well, but she is struggling. especially because she has long nails so she has to type with the pads of her fingers (instead of the tip). So the fewer buttons she has to press the better.

evo4gMN

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
I had to go to a screen where the keyboard pops up, press and hold, and change the input back to swiftkey. Don't know why it switched back to the original but seems to be working fine for the moment.
If you have it on your SD card it will always switch back to the original after a reboot. At least that happened to me on my Swift key beta