swiftkey x is free today on amazon appstore

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Go get it. It's awesome and u are saving 3.99.

I highly recommend it. It is by far the best kb I have ever used. Word prediction is amazing and at times simply eerie. I was one of the beta testers and when the final version was released thought I was stealing it for $1. 99. Getting it for free is a great opportunity.

Fubie

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Noticed that too and picked it up. So far seems to be the best keyboard I have used/tried. I was about to purchase it yesterday but decided to wait. This was unusually fortunate for me :)

TheMatrix31

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I tried the Beta but didn't like it, but that was the first day of the phone. Now that I'm more used to using the phone, maybe I'll like this keyboard more. Still having trouble typing on the regular keyboard.

hyperphantom

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
This keyboard is pretty amazing...the autocorrection is great too. I have been texting constantly for the past hour and have yet to use the backspace key even once :O

Skyphos

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I scooped it up but havent tried it. The default keyboard seems to be great...i never got into the swype stuff or any of that jazz.

Still worth trying over the default tap to type one?

tkemack

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
this one is tap to type. Worth a try imo. I'm trying to adjust to it and give it a chance. Prediction is outstanding. It knows you better than you know yourself

roark1138

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
The Amazon App Store "free app a day" deal is the best thing ever -- they actually post great apps for free, not junk. With the exception of just 1 or 2 things, I've kept and used everything they've posted.

LilTmac2003

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I scooped it up but havent tried it. The default keyboard seems to be great...i never got into the swype stuff or any of that jazz.

Still worth trying over the default tap to type one?

Besides downloading the app yet, you basically said the exact same thing I was 100% going to say. Lol. I tried Swype, but I didn't really like it. I found the default keyboard to be phenomenal.

svargas05

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I downloaded as soon as I woke up this morning...

Thing is, over 4G, the language modules wont download for me so I can't get past the damn set-up screen...

Especially over 3G, it's being terribly slow. Then it just says "Language module download failed"

EDIT: It finally worked over 4G. I had to tap download like 5 times after it failed.....

fkpalm

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
been using this keyboard since my early days of 4g and think it is the best keyboard out there the development keeps getting better

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded as soon as I woke up this morning...

Thing is, over 4G, the language modules wont download for me so I can't get past the damn set-up screen...

Especially over 3G, it's being terribly slow. Then it just says "Language module download failed"

EDIT: It finally worked over 4G. I had to tap download like 5 times after it failed.....

Keep in mind that a lot of people are probably downloading this and setting it up, which can affect how quickly this is accomplished. I know it happened whenever I was testing the beta. They would send a notification of updates and everyone would be trying to set up at the same time and post about it on their forum. I found that if I waited a while it would proceed much quicker and smoother.

rahrah12

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I just picked this up...gonna give it a shot since I text constantly...

I didn't mind the original so we shall see how this one stacks up...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faret