Camera/Overheating Problem

kennedy27403

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
So twice today I felt my 3VO getting really warm in my pocket. I found the camera had turned on with full brightness. The battery seemed to have drained quite a bit. I was able to close the app, and eventually itcooled down both times. Something similar happened maybe a week ago where the camera actually froze all together (couldn't access any other screens) and I had to long press the power button and reboot the phone. Anyone else having problems like this? Is there an issue with my phone or do you think it's just a bug that will work itself out?

tkemack

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Try taking the camera shortcut off of your lockscreen. Maybe somehow you have magic pockets that press the power button then launch the camera from the lockscreen

sent to you in three dimensions

kennedy27403

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Don't think that's whats happening, but I have considered that possibility. Even if the phone got turned on, it seems like it would be pretty hard to drag the icon into the circle from inside the pocket with no help. And that still wouldn't account for the screen being pulled up to full brightness and the phone heating/draining so rapidly.

acf3passion

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
That is strange.

You know what I learned about this phone? When in doubt, do a battery pull. Solves so many problems.

-My phone used to get pretty warm when I first got it
-3D would stop working permanently
-Screen would freeze
-etc..

DO A BATTERY PULL. It fixed the problems- permanently, strangely enough.