access IM People app

a dumb cat

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I've been having an issue with chat/sms integration on my EVO 3D. SMS is very straight forward - threads are formed when people text you and you get convenient notifications to launch the Messages app.

However I cannot for the life of me figure where to get to my google IMs. Sure, I'll get a notification when someone sends a message and wants to chat, and if I tap on it then I'm taken to the message thread (separate from SMS apparently, I didn't know that). But, if I close the IM "app" I cannot get back to the IM thread! It doesn't appear as a recently used application, and I've tried looking through the "People" contacts app and other apps to see if launching an IM conversation will bring it back. BUT TO NO AVAIL.

I do not want to have to install another freakin' app just to get redundant messages for Google IMs. The notifications are there, the message threads are there. But as soon as I leave to do other things with the phone it disappears in to thin air. What am I doing wrong?! Is it a bug?

Again, please do not recommend an app. I want do all of this with a native, built-in app if I can.

Thanks

a dumb cat

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I tried, but it failed to open until now. It took restarting the phone 3 times and signing in/out of my google account to get the darn thing to start working properly. I thought it was really odd that there was seemingly no dedicated app to gchat, when in fact the phone was just freaking out.

Thanks!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shae