So I restarted my phone just because it's been on for a week or so straight. Well out of nowhere the Handscent icon I had on my lock screen went bye bye and now a few icons are just a weird Android looking icon, I think it's the icon for the Marketplace (Handscent, Gemini App, Facebook, Dolphin Browser and Yahoo mail to name a few). If I redo the shortcut the correct icon comes back. It also keeps switching my keyboard from Better Keyboard 8 to the stock one.

Any ideas? This is a bit silly for this to happen.
    07-24-2011 01:05 PM
    ...and I did a battery pull and it did it again.
    07-24-2011 01:08 PM
    Do you have these apps MOVED to your SD card. A lot of the time if you move apps to the SD card it will show up as a Generic Android App Icon and on the Lockscreen it will disappear. Let me know if this helps.

Move all your Apps back to the phone and reboot. If that doesnt work. Uninstall one app and then re install but DONT move it to the SD.

Worked for me
    07-24-2011 01:11 PM
    ahhh I did just do that, good call. I'll give it a shot. Thanks!
    07-24-2011 01:18 PM
    Good call, that worked. Thanks for the fast response.
    07-24-2011 01:26 PM
    No problem, glad to help
    07-24-2011 01:32 PM
    I have the same issue and am sure that there will be an update to correct the problem. I sent an email to HTC and they are aware of it. I usually just change my skin or go kill HTC Sense in the app manager section in settings. That works for me. It's just the apps that are on the sd card that do it. Hope this helps.
    07-24-2011 01:41 PM
    Thanks. This is slightly annoying but I hadn't cared enough to troubleshoot. Since you guys did the legwork ill try a few things :-)

Sent from HTC 3vo
    07-24-2011 01:52 PM
    I have the same issue and am sure that there will be an update to correct the problem. I sent an email to HTC and they are aware of it. I usually just change my skin or go kill HTC Sense in the app manager section in settings. That works for me. It's just the apps that are on the sd card that do it. Hope this helps.
    Yes I forgot to mention that changing the skin will fix it as well. Good call thanks for the addition
    07-24-2011 01:58 PM
    You kill the second HTC Sense app. The first one will wipe your shortcuts out and you'll have to put them back on your screen. Or, change the skin and change it back. I got that trick from a few posters here in the forum. Good luck and I hope you enjoy your phone as much as I do.
    07-24-2011 02:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD