Sprint TV not playing on my EVO 3D

pohbil#AC

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I am a convert from Web OS and am a new ower of an EVO 3D. I have been trying to access Sprint TV and to no avail it is not working on my phone or any other EVO 3D. It works perfectly on my son's EVO standing right next to me. I have been on the phone all day with Sprint who turned out to be very helpful and came up with the answer I needed a different phone. I took it to the Store for an exchange and all of their EVO 3D's were also not able to connect to Sprint TV. Anyone out there experiencing this..if so any idea why it is happening on this phone only and if anyone is aware and is there a future fix?

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Have you restarting the phone? Or reinstalling the app?

Try the reset first. If this fails then reinstall the app. If that fails bring it back to Sprint! :)

pohbil#AC

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Have you restarting the phone? Or reinstalling the app?

Try the reset first. If this fails then reinstall the app. If that fails bring it back to Sprint! :)
I did all of those things. They told me it was some sort of software glich with the phone since it was so new and it was happening with all the other 3D's in the store. Sprint told me to bring it in and get a new one but the store told me it would be of no use.

lfnsr

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
I have no issues on my Evo 3D. Just got on now to double check. I know that it doesn't work via WiFi. Works perfectly via 3/4G for me. Sorry you are having issues.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Strange!

Have you ran all of the OTA updates?

I don't use Sprint TV on my phone. I uninstalled on the day I got it. I could install it again to see if it works for me.

pohbil#AC

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Yup....Sprint tech support and I spent about 3 hours flashing the phone, reseting, installing uninstalling and it still never worked. Like I said I was told to take it to the store and they would give me a new one I did and they told me that none of their phones in the store would connect either and I was a witness to this so needless to say I didn't receive a new phone. I am a convert from Web OS and we have all been wishing Sprint would bring on a Web OS device. I am wishing it even more now. Android is a very cool operating system but I am regreting the purchase of this phone.

illwood

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
My EVO 3D is completely stock and I just tried to run Sprint TV and it worked fine.

You said that none of the other phones in the store would connect. Could this be a local outage for Sprint?

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Yup....Sprint tech support and I spent about 3 hours flashing the phone, reseting, installing uninstalling and it still never worked. Like I said I was told to take it to the store and they would give me a new one I did and they told me that none of their phones in the store would connect either and I was a witness to this so needless to say I didn't receive a new phone. I am a convert from Web OS and we have all been wishing Sprint would bring on a Web OS device. I am wishing it even more now. Android is a very cool operating system but I am regreting the purchase of this phone.

I also come from WebOS. Is Sprint TV just that cool? I dont use the app. I uninstalled it. I love the HTC hardware. Android has its issues. Over all I have liked my change so far! :) Hope things get better for you.

pohbil#AC

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I am a weird duck...I listen to MSNBC in the morning while I get ready for work and there are times while work I turn on ESPN to watch the beginning of a football game since I am not out until 1pm on Saturdays. I know it sounds lame but It is part of my service and even though it might not be that important I would like for it to work.

I was told by my local Sprint store that it was something to do with the network and was told my the store I tried to return it at that it was a software issue with the phone since it was so new, Spint tech on the phone told me there was no record of either and to return the phone for a new one.....LAME LAME LAME..... I do not like it when people try to bull **** a bull ****ter.... Just give me a Truthful honest answer and I will be a faithful customer...lie to me or bull **** me and I will wreck you....

casiouser

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
It works for me but for some reason I don't get ESPN or the Disney channel which are the two channels my family watches the most.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo